Default Tub faucet repair question

I'm hoping someone can recognize this faucet set. The cold water faucet spins right around, so whatever used to stop it in the off position is broken.
    Can this faucet be repaired from above?
    Replacing the faucet involves a lot of surgery.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance
    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Default Re: Tub faucet repair question

Sounds like a Delta/ Price Phister (same valve)

If so, you are corect in your description.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Moen roman tub faucets tend to break their stops. With out seeing the stem or cartridge its real hard to tell you the make. Look closely at the tub spout lots of times the manufacture will lightly etch their name on it.

If it is Moen you can call 800-BUY-MOEN and they will send you the repair parts for free.

I have always simply removed it and matched up at the Hardware store.
    K.I.S.S

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hasil View Post
    Moen roman tub faucets tend to break their stops. With out seeing the stem or cartridge its real hard to tell you the make. Look closely at the tub spout lots of times the manufacture will lightly etch their name on it.

If it is Moen you can call 800-BUY-MOEN and they will send you the repair parts for free.
    Thanks, Ron. They are quality units, but with cheap plastic innards. Moen is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    I have always simply removed it and matched up at the Hardware store.
    K.I.S.S
    Thanks, Bob. My clients don't want to fix it. They want it fixed.
    By surgery, I mean prying and breaking tiles off and cutting a hole in an OSB box just to get the nuts off the faucet.
    Big difference in cost and time if the valve can be unscrewed from above, eh?

www.allsafehome.ca

Stephen G Guest

Being creative here.
    Remove the drawers from the cabinet, get the 4" hole saw running and make a slick entry point about halfway up, then make a smaller hole for your flashlight from inside. You should have lots of space. Unfortunate that an access panel wasnt in the plans.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    Thanks, Ron. They are quality units, but with cheap plastic innards. Moen is possible.

By surgery, I mean prying and breaking tiles off and cutting a hole in an OSB box just to get the nuts off the faucet.

Like I said, take it apart and remove one of the stems. The only way I can identify a faucet that has no markings is to see the stem itself.

Personally I prefer the GFCI under the tub rather than at the panel and that is one of the reasons.
    Those spa tubs sometimes develop leaks at the jets and the pump might need changing at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    Personally I prefer the GFCI under the tub rather than at the panel and that is one of the reasons.
    Those spa tubs sometimes develop leaks at the jets and the pump might need changing at some point.
    Yes, it blows my mind that people will seal these things up with tiles like there's no tomorrow. Like welding the hood to the fenders.
    This one has the GFCI breaker unit on the wall. That was OK.

www.allsafehome.ca

Yes, it blows my mind that people will seal these things up with tiles like there's no tomorrow. Like welding the hood to the fenders.
    This one has the GFCI breaker unit on the wall. That was OK.
    Yep
    Another mention is when looking under the tubs you can see if they threw in insulation at the outside wall.