Default Service conductor splice under manufactured home

Hi all,
    I was hoping to get some feed back on this splice observed under a manufactured home. It appears to be in a waterproof box. The grade under the home is approx 12 inches lower than the exterior grade so I gotta believe at some point this crawlspace is gonna be wet. Never seen it before and if it were me, I would make it continuous all the way to the main disconnect. What are some of your thoughts?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Service conductor splice under manufactured home

It is normal to see a junction box under the mobile home. The pad comes with power to there, and you park the home over the pad and hook up. The power available is up to the park owner, and sometimes it is only 50 amps or so.

Having said that, the junction box should be kept dry. I often see the box mounted up on a short stake.
    And we want to see real piers under the place, not just a couple of camper jacks.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Depending on the rating of the enclosure it may be fine. It looks like a gasketed cover. I hope that sealing locknuts were used.

NEMA - Enclosures Section

All answers based on unamended National Electrical codes.

being that it is a manufactured home usually means it not going on average to be moved like a moblie home at sometime. but I do agree with John being below grade I would suggest that it be rasied up off the ground just for the extra bit of being safe. also the other wires should be properly secured as well. being on the ground let's animals easy access to them if bored or hungery to chew on them.