Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Michael Vick is..............

Screwed with a capital S. Have any of you seen how bad this is getting for him? I just watched a video clip on ESPN.com and the legal expert they interviewed said as part of his plea agreement should he accept it would include standing before the judge and giving specifics about what he did. For example, one of the co-defendants that copped a plea early on said he along with another defendant and Vick killed eight dogs that didn't perform up to expectations through various gruesome means. Vick may have to stand in front of the judge and specifically state how he killed dogs.

He's getting everything he deserves. Truly a despicable person. His NFL career is over. If Roger Goodell doesn't expel him from the league, I'd be shocked to see a team give him another chance after he gets out of prison. It would be a PR nightmare for the team.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Richard Rushing Guest

Default Re: Michael Vick is..............

Hey, it is what it is. Nothing more... nothing less. The guy is a sorry individual, if in-deed he did what his cohorts are saying.

I agree... he may have played his last game. This one will get alot uglier!

Report: Vick's legal team negotiating plea deal - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

rr

imported_John Smith Guest

Senator Byrd said it best. The hottest places in hell are for people that take pleasure in torturing animals.

How would he like it if the team owner put him in a cage with a defensive lineman and let them fight it out to the death.

Hey, all is not lost if he can befriend OJ?

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Erol Kartal Guest

Angry Re: Michael Vick is..............

If he is in fact guilty of these charges, he should be shackled, handcuffed and thrown into a lake (I'll volunteer to assist). I heard that he and his scum bag loser derelict friends would drown dogs that lost their battles.

Joe Griffin Guest

Getting what he deserves, if in fact he is guilty of the accusations. The evidence seems to be weighed against him, what little we do know. I think the forthcoming evidence will be prettty gruesome, and will most likely spell the end of what was a promising life and career in the great game of football.

I lament all of the good he could have done with the youth of today, instead he will spend his time trying to tap dance out of jail. Another classic example of fame and fortune allowing people to partake in devious behaviors, because of their inflated egos, and who feel righteous in their "above the law" mentality. Society also helps to breed these situations.

I am old enough to remember when fame and fortune was a ticket to presumed absolute innocence. A senator from Massachusetts is a perfect example. Here is a guy who left a girlfriend to drown in his sunken automobile, and later becomes chair of the Ethics Committee? Or how about a President who uses the "citizens" White House for sexual escapades, or Newt Gingrich and Rush Limbaugh, the list goes on and on GOP and DEM alike.

The wheel seems to be turning, with the arrests of the likes of Mel Gibson, the public humiliation of Michael Richards, Martha Stewart baking jailhouse cookies, Enron, etc.

Kudos to local and federal law enforcement for not turning the blind eye as in years past. One for the little guy.

PS I am not a pet person, do not belong to PETA, have no pets, but in my neighborhood, the kid who tortured animals was persona non grata, and historically ended up graduating to more sick and twisted things. Studies have shown that people who can easily kill an animal for pleasure, can make the leap to homo sapiens almost seamlessly.

I hope that Michael Vick is not guilty as charged, and he can go on to make positive things happen for underprivileged children, and use his wealth and power for good. But my heart says he will expend his dwindling fifteen minutes pleading for mercy.

Last edited by Joe Griffin; 08-16-2007 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Spelling

Whats going to happen when the collar does not fit....

Everything he deserves? I'm sure there are a lot of pet owners (including myself) that would like to see him get more than unemployed and bankrupt.

I know one person (God) that will certainly give him what he deserves. An eternity in hell.

Vick reportedly reaches plea agreement
    Quarterback will plead guilty to felony conspiracy charge next week
    BREAKING NEWS
    MSNBC News Services
    Updated: 2:24 p.m. ET Aug 20, 2007
    RICHMOND, Va. - Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal — and a likely prison sentence — to avoid additional federal charges related to a professional dogfighting operation, one of Vick's attorneys said, the Virginian-Pilot reported Monday.

A press conference is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET Monday, WXIA reported.

Vick will enter a guilty plea to the felony conspiracy charge next Monday at 10:30 a.m. ET, said Lawrence Woodward, one of Vick's defense attorneys, the Virginian-Pilot reported.

U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson, who is presiding over the case, said he has the leeway to sentence Vick and his co-defendants as he deems fit and is not bound by the recommended sentences given to him by the prosecution, USA Today said.

CNN also said that Vick's attorneys are hoping to hear from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday about what options would be available to the Atlanta Falcons star quarterback if he does accept a plea deal.

A grand jury was scheduled to convene Monday in the federal court where Vick and three co-defendants were indicted on dogfighting charges last month.

There’s no indication whether the grand jury will take up further allegations against Vick, although federal prosecutors have said they plan to seek a superseding indictment in the case.

That would mean more charges against Vick, the lone defendant who has not been convicted now that all three of his co-defendants have reached plea deals.

Vick’s attorneys were negotiating with federal prosecutors last week, hoping to strike a deal on a plea agreement.

“It seems to be a pretty clear indication there will be some sort of plea entered,” Falcons owner Arthur Blank said Friday.

Vick’s last two co-defendants pleaded guilty Friday and said he bankrolled gambling on dogfights at Vick’s property in rural Surry County, not far from his hometown of Newport News. One said Vick helped drown or hang dogs that didn’t do well.

Quanis Phillips of Atlanta and Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach entered plea agreements and agreed to testify against Vick. Tony Taylor of Hampton struck a similar deal last month.

The gambling allegations alone could trigger a lifetime ban under the NFL’s personal conduct policy.

The NFL has barred Vick from the Falcons’ training camp but has withheld further action while the league conducts its own investigation.

Peace, Phillips and Taylor pleaded guilty to the same charges facing Vick: conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture.

The offense is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Sentencings are set for November and December.

© 2007 MSNBC Interactive
    URL: Vick reaches plea agreement on dogfighting - NFL - MSNBC.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSN Privacy . Legal
    © 2007 MSNBC.com

Eric Van De Ven Magnum Inspections Inc. (772) 214-9929
    www.magnuminspections.com
    I still get paid to be suspicious when I got nothing to be suspicious about!

If guilty why not let the punishment fit the crime and put the Vick into a pen with a few of his pets?

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Richard Rushing Guest

Yep... I like the way you think J-Mc!

Put him in there with a pork-chop wedged in-between his butt cheeks and see how his 'pets' treat him.

What a dick he is.

I heard that he thought the ending of "Old Yellow" was hilarious.

Put him in the "pound my ass prison" like they referred to in Office Space.

Once you hear the really gruesome details of this slime balls "kennel", you would not believe that he isn't getting more prison time.

Picking up domesticated "lost" dogs from the street and using them for training?
    Torturing and killing animals that didnt perform. How much lower could you get.

I guess the only good that came out of this is the fact that it might deter others from participating in this disgusting, sickening event.

When it comes down to it, these losers are real cowards. They like to think they are tough with the gansta rap and fighting, cop killer lyrics, etc.

Prison scares them though, because they are going to find out what weak little men they really are.

My thinking is kind of like that of Jerry M., but suitable for his talents and training.

Put him in a cage with 25 defensive lineman and he is the only man on his team. The game is over when Vick beaten to a pulp and cannot move, see, or breathe on his own, then he strung up and finished off, like he did to the dogs ... because he obviously did not perform to his fullest.

Want to know how I really feel?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com