Smile Cobb County Ga newbie

Season ‘s Greetings! Georgia Newbie here! I recently ran across this web site and think it may be interesting and useful. I am renovating a 25 year old foreclosed home in Georgia. So far I rebuilt the poorly constructed gable porch roof & valley system, re-roofed entire roof and now am repairing, or installing, new fascia and soffits all around.
    There is no counter flashing on the chimney and the 4x4 posts supporting the rear 10X20 deck are all sitting on 6”x5x”1” concrete pads atop the ground.
    So I’m having a bit of fun on this job. I may post some of the “before” pictures, which may be useful to others. Tks ya’ll.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by james hiatt; 11-05-2011 at 06:14 AM.
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Cobb County Ga newbie

Welcome to the thread James. Sounds like you're having a good time with those projects. Feel free to post some pics. Did you purchase the home for yourself or to renovate and flip? Just curious to know if you obtained an inspection & report at the time of purchase?

Hello James
    Ask questions, post pictures
    You've come to a good site for answers.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Owned a Handyman special in Smyrna a few years ago. Off Windy Hill near S. Atlanta road. Didn't have a fireplace or deck 20 years ago so hopefully you are not cleaning up my work...

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."