Thread: thermostat

Default thermostat

Had a friend that wanted me to look at why his furnace would not come on the other day ( like I am a HVAC guy now that I am a Home Inspector). The thermostat had no on/auto on it. I was confused by this. It was a small two burner gas furnace. Just curious! Thanks.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    E.D.S
    Home Inspections
    Lic.#450.010534

Default Re: thermostat

What kind of Stat? A round Honeywell T87 without a cooling sub base doesn't have any switches on it. Lots of the older non-programmable heat mode only stats don't have any switches.
    Did you check for 24V across the stat or at the furnace? Is this a newer older unit. Check for blinking lights on a newer unit. Could be no power, no 24V, bad trans, who knows, lots of possibilities.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Great thanks. It is round old honeywell. It also has no A/C on it. I was just confused why there would be no option on the blower. Thanks a lot.

E.D.S
    Home Inspections
    Lic.#450.010534

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
    Great thanks. It is round old honeywell. It also has no A/C on it. I was just confused why there would be no option on the blower. Thanks a lot.

Some fan and limit control switches have a manual fan on / off switch that can be controlled at the furnace.

Amazon.com: Honeywell L4064B2228 combination fan and limit furnace control: Home Improvement