Roni Litmanovic Guest

Default Reporting Software Spanish

Anyone know of any reporting software with Spanish capabilities?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Kevin Luce Guest

Default Re: Reporting Software Spanish

Que?

Kevin Luce Guest

La Comra de una casa es quizas la mayor inversion que unaq persona hace en toda su vida.
    Pero sucede que la mayoria de las casas, tanto viejas como nuevas, tienen seios problemas como danos, violaciones a condigos residenciales y otra serie de desperfectos dificiles de detectar por una persona ajena a la construccion, o por compradores ingenuos que son los que mas abundan.
    A ello se debe que con cierta frecuencia, muchas personas que creen haber adquirido su dream house terminan viviendo una verdadera pesadilla. No es raro encontratnos con personas que compran una casa, por ejemplo, en 750 dolares, y cinco anos despues, cuando creen que esta tiene un valor mayor, se llevan la impactante sorpresa de que en realidad solo vale sesenta o setenta 750 dolares.
    Como es normal, las casas con el tiempo sufren deterioros internos que muchos vendedores deshonestos creen remediar con una "manita de pintura" o lo que es mas, enganadores "tapados" de aluminum sading. Por otro lado, tambien sucede que un alto porcentaje de las casa nuevas hoy en dia, tienen infinidad de defectos y malos acabados, debido al uso de materiales "cosmeticos" baratios que son de mediocre resistencia y poca durabilidad. De igual maneera sucede con un gran numero de casas nuevas, que por estar construidas " a lo carrera", -estilo lineas de ensamblaje- quedan muy mal fabricadas, a lo cual se le suma, para clmo de males, que han sido utilizados materiales de una calidad tan baja que hasta da verguenza.

Los home inspectors, son individuos que hacen estudios apropiandos, los cuales abarcan conocimientos basicos en techos, aticos, paredes, ventanas, ventanas, puertas, areas pavimentadas, patios, sotanos, suelos, sistemas de electricidad, plomeria Y conductos ambientales, como lo son el aire acondicionado y otras instalaciones relacionadas.
    Basandose en dichos conocimientos, mediante una inspeccion formal por dentro y por fuera, desde el sotano hasta los techos, ellos determinan el grado de deterioro que ha sufrido una casa debido a su uso a traves de los anos. O bein, en el caso de una propiedad nueva, buscan y revisan algunos fallos tecnicos, comprueban ala calidad y druabilidad de los materiales empleados y verifican que no existan posibles violaciones que esten fuera de las normas y codigos residenciales.
    De esta manera, se extablece el estado estructural y condiciones generales de la vivienda. Como resultado, el home inspector profcue un reporte final que muestra detalladamente la condicion y evaluacion real en que se encuentra la casa que su cliente esta interesado en comprar. Ello representa una opoinion profesional e imparcial, la cual tendra muchoque ver con elvalor y precio real de la propiedad. Como es de suponer, un inspector de casas independiente, encontrara mas falls -y tal vez fraude-, que uno que esta ligado a los intereses del vendedor.
    Inspeccionar casas profesionalmente con tales fines no es nada nuevo, pures los mismos bancos y otras entidades inmobilarias siempre han tenido expertos en la materia. Pero la modalidad, y forma sistematica e independiente de como este proceso se esta desarrollando hoy en dia si es nueva, puesto que es el mismo consumidor quien necesita protejerse para evitar asi problemas, fraudes y malos entendidos que puedan surgir posteriormente, dando motivo a desagradabes y costosas sorpresas. A raiz de ello, el comprador no solamente obtiene peace-of-mind, sino que tambien estara pagando un precio justo por su futura propiedad.

Learn English; this is America.

Aaron Lore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brent lerwill View Post
    Learn English; this is America.
    I agree, in the U.S.A. the legal language is english and should stay that way. But there are alot of people in the U.S. that own homes and don't speak english very well or not at all. Just because they can't speak english doesn't mean they are illegal citizens. They own homes, and have money. I for one will try to help these people out. Just so you know I'm white, and my family docked in Connetticut in the 1700's(no papers, they were illegal citizens). Don't blame people who speak French, Polish, Spanish, etc. because our government refuses to inforce the laws. Take it out on your congressman.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lore View Post
    Just so you know I'm white, and my family docked in Connetticut in the 1700's(no papers, they were illegal citizens).
    Just so you know, some of my family climbed off the Mayflower when she landed on this side of the pond, but that doesn't mean squat today - they were 'illegal aliens' at the time. Didn't have no stinkin' green card either.

Guess I'm descended from 'illegal aliens"? Never thought about it that way before, in fact, seldom think about it at all unless something brings it up.

Do I need to get a green card?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Louie Hoehn Guest

Here is a letter to the editor of the Orange County Register that did not get published, I think it speaks the truth in Volume's, and something for all the whiney liberals who say their they family way back when came here illegally so i guess that makes them illegal too crap!

Dear Editor:

So many letter writers have based their arguments on how this
    land is made up of immigrants. Ernie Lujan for one, suggests we
    should tear down the Statue of Liberty because the people now in
    question aren't being treated the same as those who passed
    through Ellis Island and other ports of entry.

Maybe we should turn to our history books and point out to
    people like Mr.Lujan why today's American is not willing to
    accept this new kind of immigrant any longer. Back in 1900 when
    there was a rush from all areas of Europe to come to the United
    States , people had to get off a ship and stand in a long line
    in New York and be documented. Some would even get down on their
    hands and knees and kiss the ground. They made a pledge to
    uphold the laws and support their new country in good and bad
    times. They made learning English a primary rule in their new
    American households and some even changed their names to blend
    in with their new home.

They had waved good bye to their birth place to give their
    children a new life and did everything in their power to help
    their children assimilate into one culture.

Nothing was handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no
    labor laws to protect them. All they had were the skills and
    craftsmanship they had brought with them to trade for a future
    of prosperity. Most of their children came of age when World War
    II broke out. My father fought along side men whose parents had
    come straight over from Germany , Italy , France and Japan .
    None of these 1st generation Americans ever gave any thought
    about what country their parents had come from. They were
    Americans fighting Hitler, Mussolini and the Emperor of Japan.
    They were defending the United States of America as one people.
    When we liberated France, no one in those villages were looking
    for the French-American, Polish Americans, Black American,
    Japanese American, German American or the Irish American and so
    on. The people of France saw only Americans. And we carried one
    flag that represented one country. Not one of those immigrant
    sons would have thought about picking up another country's flag
    and waving it to represent who they were. It would have been a
    disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so much to be here.
    These immigrants truly knew what it meant to be an American.
    They stirred the melting pot into one red, white and blue bowl.

And here we are in 2006 with a new kind of immigrant who wants
    the same rights and privileges. Only they want to achieve it by
    playing with a different set of rules, one that includes the
    entitlement card and a guarantee of being faithful to their
    mother country. I'm sorry, that's not what being an American is
    all about. I believe that the immigrants who landed on Ellis
    Island in the early 1900's deserve better than that for all the
    toil, hard work and sacrifice in raising future generations to
    create a land that has become a beacon for those legally
    searching for a better life. I think they would be appalled that
    they are being used as an example by those waving foreign
    country flags.

And for that suggestion about taking down the Statue of Liberty,
    it happens to mean a lot to the citizens who are voting on the
    immigration bill. I wouldn't start talking about dismantling the
    United States just yet. (signed) Rosemary LaBonte

I think a few of the software vendors have looked into it, I really do not know of anyone that has it on the market yet. Arlene Puentes October Home Inspections speaks fluent Spanish and she has put together a dictionary of sorts for home inspections. She has also helped on converting some HI standards into Spanish.

I know that some things in English like Soffit does not exist in Spanish. So it does create some problems in the translation. I would contact Arlene to see if she might be able to give you some direction.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Aaron Miller Guest

Wink Re: Reporting Software Spanish

Scott:

The term "soffit" is from the Latin "suffigere" and then the Italian "soffito". Its Latin derviation guarantees a place for it in the Spanish language. The Spanish term for soffit is "sofito".

It may be different in Cuban Spanish. For that ask Friar Peck.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Miller View Post
    Scott:

The term "soffit" is from the Latin "suffigere" and then the Italian "soffito". Its Latin derviation guarantees a place for it in the Spanish language. The Spanish term for soffit is "sofito".

It may be different in Cuban Spanish. For that ask Friar Peck.

Aaron
    OK, but what is the meaning of "sofito" in Spanish?

Many of our words that we use in an inspection report do not translate well into Spanish. This is what I have been told is one of he problems, the other is a small segment of the profession that would pay for it.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Aqui se Habla ingles.

If you're not a part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Critical Home Inspection Services
    www.Home2Spec.com

Chris Bernhardt Guest

A few years back I wrote my reports in both spanish and english for my spanish speaking clients and as a result developed and extensive library of broiler plate in spanish. I stopped writing reports in spanish about a year after 911 when the market dried up for a while. I write full narrative reports and will if asked write a simple summary in spanish today.

I can't imagine a software provider providing a decent library of broiler plate in spanish. Yes there's translations of many construction terms but just about no client is going to be familiar with them. For example I have a lot better luck at trying to explain to a client that the sill plate is rotted if I tell him in spanish that "the first wood on top of the foundation is rotted" (La primera madera encima de la cimentacion esta podrida) or that his siding is rotted by telling him "the wood on the outside of the house is rotted" (la madera afuera de la casa esta podrida); things like that.

Take example moss on the roof. Some of my clients call it lama and some know it as muesgo. Now you also have to understand I live in Oregon and the nouns and use of verbs vary greatly between latin american countries. For example some cuss words are definitely fighting words in mexican spanish but say honduran spanish it means nothing.

In my opinion if you want to be effective in communicating in spanish your just going to have to learn how its commonly spoken in your area of practice and develop your own broiler plate.

Chris, Oregon

Last edited by Chris Bernhardt; 08-27-2007 at 08:41 PM. Reason: To correct mis-spelling

Louie Hoehn Guest

Just one more reason to keep it in English, who knows what kind of legal "can of worms" your going to open if your report is in Spanish, where almost every south American Spanish is interpreted differently, and you are not that proficient

Mike Tallmon Guest

Here is a link that will take you to 6 or 7 different Spanish reports. Most are designed to be prepared by an English speaking inspector and will cover the bases for English or Spanish needs...

If you call them, they will also discuss computer reports

PHII - Products[Spanish]

Tommy Decebal Adamescu Guest

Cool Re: Reporting Software Spanish

Thanks Mike, I was looking for some spanish reporting software too.
    Tommy

3D Jon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roni Litmanovic View Post
    Anyone know of any reporting software with Spanish capabilities?

Midwest Inspectors Institute out of Leavenworth, KS has created a 3D Focus Edition specifically for Spanish inspection reporting. It is called, "Spanish Elite Residential". You can learn more about it here. They sell it directly through the 3D Inspection Systems website.

Their package combines the power of the 3D Inspection System reporting engine, with a Spanish formset designed by Tom Lauhon of Midwest Inspectors Institute. The greatest thing about this product is that when you check off common statements within the software, it shows you the English translation on the screen, but when you check off the condition you want to note, it will print on the report in Spanish.

For instance, you might check off the menu item for the statement "The incoming electrical service to this structure is 120 volts", but in the report in prints "El servicio entrante eléctrico a esta estructura es los voltios 120." This enables English speaking inspectors to write Spanish inspection reports without requiring any knowledge of the Spanish language.

Here is a brief product excerpt from the 3D Inspection Systems website:
    "With thousands of canned responses for hundreds of items you inspect, this quick point and click method of report writing helps to limit your liability and makes writing reports to industry standards a breeze. If you should need to key additional information into your report, no problem… Elite Spanish has a set up that prints any typed text in red and a disclaimer that tells your client any text that appears in red has not been translated and it is their responsibility to obtain a translation in order to understand the English wording."

You can download a free trial of Spanish Elite Residential by filling out this form. Make sure that you choose "Spanish Inspection Reporting" under the field named "Main area of interest.

I hope that helps...

Jon
    3D Inspection Systems, Inc.