Blue Harriss Guest

Default New NC Reporting reqs.

Hi guys, new to posting here but have been lurking for quite a while. I have been waiting to buy new reporting software for a while now....since someone in the NCHILB office told me they would be mandating a single reporting package this October. Any news on this? I'd really like to buy something now but I'd hate to buy one and have NC mandate another. Thanks for any help.

Blue Harriss
    Durham, NC

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: New NC Reporting reqs.

Any reporting system that allows editing and rearranging of systems will work.

NC reports have to have a summary starting after the cover page in the same order as the NC SOP's. No upgrade items are to be in the summary.
    A safety issue that exists due to an existing component having a problem can be in the summary. ie. an existing GFCI that does not trip is a summary item.

Each writeup will need the word Repair: or Investigate: at the start of each writeup.

The report body also has to be in the same order as the SOP and be numbered the same as the SOP.

Here is the link for the report compliance checklist:

http://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Engineerin...eWorksheet.pdf

Blue Harriss Guest

Angry Re: New NC Reporting reqs.

Thanks Bruce, but what I was told is that NC will be selecting one single reporting package (they are considering writing their own) that all inspectors will be required to use. Not just language to be included (like now) but a specific package. That way everyone is using the exact same reports. I'll post if I hear anything else, I may actually call the Board tomorrow.

Blue

That was the rumor last year, maybe they thought of that then realized the negative impact of it.

For one, they would have to develop, distribute and maintain a quality reporting system, not something they can do easily.

Picking one vendor from the many ones in use would likely end up with legal issues.

Its called standardized reporting, not standardized reports.

Now issues such as minor rot around the bottom edge of exterior doors will have the prefix Repair:

This will add to the agents work and lost deals since this might have been a minor maint. issue with previous reporting methods and will now be treated as a must have repair by some clients.

Also, any structural component with just a minor problem goes in the summary under:

1. Structural Components

This will make some minor items look serious to many clients.

The primary intent was to make the agents job easier so they can just print out the summary and get repair quotes.

Last edited by Bruce King; 08-17-2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: had too much info

Blue Harriss Guest

Bruce, I just spoke to the NCHILB and the best I can tell is that you are correct. They will not be mandating software, just content and flow. Thanks for the information.

Blue