Default becuase water flows uphill

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: becuase water flows uphill

I do not think this is a good design but water will flow uphill if you pump it (and I would be willing to bet the dishwasher has a discharge pump).

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

It will also syphon.

This is obviously wrong, the trap arm has been compromised, the DW discharge hose may syphon the trap, and contaminate via the trap arm, the potable water supply.

The appropriate move is to return integrity to the trap arm by appropriate reconstruction without the illegal and inappropriate fitting, insuring proper pitch, removal of the illegal and inappropriate reduction at the trap outlet (reduction in size and less than Sch. 40 piece, installing a dishwasher tail piece to the sink basket and install the dishwasher discharge/drain hose to same, after securing the high loop and removing the unnecessary drain hose extension. All this of course after first decontaminating the dishwasher, pump, drain hose, etc. the potable water system, insuring removal of any and all biofilm, etc. and fully sanitizing the system. Your area may first require installation of an air gap between the dishwasher drain hose and connection to the dishwasher tail piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Breedlove View Post
    I do not think this is a good design but water will flow uphill if you pump it (and I would be willing to bet the dishwasher has a discharge pump).
    Yes, I know water can be pumped uphill and dishwasher actually worked/drained. I shared it for the comedy factor

i bet that dishwasher must have a GOOD smell to it.