Edward Rodriguez Guest

Default Receptacle near a gravity wall furnace

Long time no post comrades,

I had an inspection yesterday and noticed a wall outlet located about 12" inches away from the gravity wall furnace's combustion chamber. Should I have called this out? Is there a clearance required from such? Your knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Receptacle near a gravity wall furnace

What are your concerns?

There must be a receptacle within 25 feet of an HVAC system based on current codes.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Rodriguez View Post
    Long time no post comrades,

I had an inspection yesterday and noticed a wall outlet located about 12" inches away from the gravity wall furnace's combustion chamber. Should I have called this out? Is there a clearance required from such? Your knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks again
    It will depend on the manufacturer's instructions.
    If my memory is correct, then no outlets above the furnace.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

As long as the receptacle isn't pinned in an unapproachable, unservicable, unusable alcove between the furnace and a wall for example, or in an attic installation not serviced by a catwalk, floor surface of sufficient area in proximity of the face of the service receptacle, etc., "working space";

The servicing receptacle is GFCI protected (required for servicing receptacles for HVAC, inside and outside);

The receptacle is readily accessible (if for example is a combination GFCI-receptacle device - required for monthly testing, etc.);

and the location doesn't encorach upon the listed (installation instructions) clearances of the furnace footprint & clearance and/or the furnace itself is listed (if fuel fired and unlisted different grander/wider "clearances" may apply)or its vents/ vent connectors, chimney/chimney connectors, plenum, trunks, cold air return, etc.);

And the furnace isn't located in, say, a garage (unclear as to height of receptacle)

I don't see why the concern/question.

Perhaps I missed some "unspoken" nuance in the OP?

Edward Rodriguez Guest

Thanks again

Edward Rodriguez Guest

Talking Re: Receptacle near a gravity wall furnace

Happy Thanksgiving all