Thread: First Time Here

Default First Time Here

Hi All,

Pardon me for using a pseudonym instead of my actual name, but just did it out of habit (this is one of very few forums I've joined that has people using their real names). Caught me off guard, but my name is Michael Kober. Anyway, I'm a semi-retired home inspector, bridge engineer, DIYer, etc. etc., and looking for ways to keep myself informed on what's going on in the world of residential and light commercial construction and inspection. I've learned a lot about steel, concrete and timber construction in the last 45 years, and look forward to sharing what I've learned with anyone who's willing to listen (before the undertaker gets me). Thanx.

Michael

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Darrel Hood Guest

Default Re: First Time Here

Welcome Michael. Are you a home inspector? I suggest you change your profile to your name or some of these folks will bug you about it for years.

Stephen G Guest

Micheal, Welcome aboard. Read as much as you can. Jump in when you can offer your experiences.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Hood View Post
    Welcome Michael. Are you a home inspector? I suggest you change your profile to your name or some of these folks will bug you about it for years.
    I'm no longer doing home inspections per se, but do perform structural inspections of all types as a licensed engineer, when requested, on a contract basis. I'll probably just keep my BridgeMan handle, as I spent more than 40 years earning a living in bridge design, construction, inspection and rehabilitation.