David McGuire Guest

Default Safeguard Properties

Anybody ever heard of, have information related to or been employed by Safeguard Properties? I got an email from them seeking my services to do several different types of inspections. They imply 575 a month for 1 county in Kansas alone, must be all the HUD properties.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Safeguard Properties

David,
    Safeguard does most winterizing of foreclosures around here! Heard they also do drive by inspections for several mortgage and insurance companies.

James

James Bohac

Probably the same national outfit that works around here. I've never worked for them. I have talked with a few of their people when they've been at a building I was looking at. They didn't have anything good to say about the company. I've also called their 800# numerous times to let them know that a property is open.
    From what I've seen I would consider them another penny pinching national outfit paying peanuts to the guy doing the work. The workers make it on volume.
    I ran into a couple guys from another national outfit recently. There drive into Chicago from a town roughly 50 miles away, get paid $10-15 per house and do between 20-30 houses a day.
    If that's the kind of work you want go for it.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

David McGuire Guest

They emailed me back today. In the email today they again offered $4 to $14 depending on what type of inspection it is. They also limit you to only doing 50 per month initially until you become established with them. You have to pay for everything; gas, maintenance, vehicle insurance, E&O and they require you to pay the $40 background fee. Now I may be wrong on tis, but I am fairly sure in Kansas it is against the law to ask employees or perspective employee's/contractors to pay for that. Your first check takes 30 to 45 days and then they say they pay weekly.

Either way, to get to the area they want me to look at is a 60 to 80 mile drive. Doing 10 to 15 a day it would take 3 to 4 days to get them all done. Needless to say, it would not be worth my time.

$4, that's a disgrace. They should be ashamed of themselves.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

I worked for Safeguard for years. They pay $4 for normal drive by inspections which are 90% of the inspections then usually $1 more for interior ones. They dropped it here to $3 and that's when I moved on. What they don't tell you is that now they require putting a envelope on the door of almost every house now. The higher paying inspections are far and few between. The computer program is easy to use and once you get the hang of it you can go pretty fast. I did at least 10 an hour and could do up to 100 in a 8 hour day if things went smoothly but 85-90 was the norm. I did 900 a month for a while but we have allot here in Nevada. You work from the 17th of the month till they are done. Most need to be done in 5 days.

Nevada IOS#1730
    Nevada Energy Auditor #30
    775-342-4767 www.homecsi.com

Joe Richmond Guest

$4. So what do they expect you do for $4. My truck starts up for $4 just turning the key, lol!