Default Inspectit by AHIT

Has anyone tried the new Inspectit report program using the Mac iPad?

AHIT - Home Report

Interested in feedback - good or bad.

Thank you.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Joe Suelter Guest

Default Re: Inspectit by AHIT

I don't have it on an iPad, but I use it on an Android tablet, which is essentially the same software. I love it! Works very well, and they are constantly updating.

Joe,

So I can assume that the finished report is laid out like the Windows (Word) report?

And is customizable?

Thanks for the feedback.

Joe Suelter Guest

Yes it is. The software converts it to PDF upon completion, and it is very customizable. I have found a couple of hiccups with the software, and have sent those on to their IT department for updating.

Thanks very much Joe, for the feedback.

Cheers,

Steve Parton Guest

Wink Re: Inspectit by AHIT

According to AHIT this week, the iPad version is currently being reviewed by Apple. It has been there about a week and the process to review is 7-14 days. Hopefully it will show up in the AppStore in a week or two. Glitch-free, of course...

Thanks Steve,

Ahit needs to brush up on customer service. Even though I had requested updates via email and by speaking to rep sometime ago.

Angry Re: Inspectit by AHIT

I called to see if AHIT's Home Report was available for iPad (wife just bought me one), and they told me that not yet with no date for availability. The Android version is available for free but not for the iPad (sucks). I pay for the annual service, and it is suppose to make the software available for free, will see how that goes. As far as their customer service they are a hit and miss. I have sent them emails for tech support in the past and seldom responds and no apologies for the poor service. I downloaded the Windows Home Report, and it would not load on my Win7 HP laptop. I called them to see how I could get it to load in hope to try it out; they never figured out why and never called me back, to this date, I have never been able to test it and they never called me to inform me that they have made it Win7 compatible. Way to go AHIT.

I hope AHIT is reading this.

Its called customer service and they apparently want to take your money and then not uphold their end of the deal. There is no excuse.

Shameful.

I use occasionally Inspectit on my PC.

You are absolutely correct Raymond, as you have read I am not the only person with these experiences with AHIT and their products. They spend plenty of time marketing themselves. It would be nice if they provided quality service and product. Please pass it around to future HI's, word of mouth might make them improve their products and services. Rick

Exclamation Re: Inspectit by AHIT

By the way the Android version is available for a free download, Mac ipad version is not available as a free download yet they sell it as a bundle when you buy it from AHIT? Not sure how that works out when you pay for it in the annually. Sorry for going overboard on the commentary.

Joe Suelter Guest

From what I have read and been told, it is a problem with Apple Corporate, they want to control everything that runs through their precious App Store. I have an iPod touch, don't get me wrong, I love it...but I chose the Android platform due to stability and better options on the tablet. I absolutely would not trade it for an iPad, it does everything I want it to, except print...can't figure that out, but I haven't spent too much time on it.

I use the Asus Transformer with docking keyboard. It cost me right at $500, but the keyboard charges the tablet, has upwards of 16 hour battery life, is on for days at a time in standby, and has an ethernet port (rj45) for times when I can't get wireless.

I'm not talking you into an Android, but I've done some research on them both, and am very pleased with the result.

Hey Joe, que pasa, you are correct most likely I too will go by the way of Android. They must have gotten around the Apple issue when they sell it with the bundle because they are selling it on their website. But either way most likely Android is in my future. And for now I'm going to try and pull away from using AHIT as a resource. Joe I hope your holidays are doing well fro you, Rick.

Joe Suelter Guest

Thanks Rick! Same to you!

For those interested ...

AHIT has released a trial version of Inspectit for iPad.

You can download the trial (5 reports) from the Apple App Store. You can find the app under "home report".

In order to use it you must have Version 5 software installed on the iPad.

I downloaded the iPad 2 version and was just OK with it. They released it with no "how-to manual." I called them, and they said that will be in the next release. I asked when will the new version will be released, they never responded to that. Just like AHIT to release something without the information on how to use it. Sorry for the negative comments, but I haven't been too happy with the way they provide service or products. Hopefully, AHIT in 2012 will be better.

Rick

Joe Suelter Guest

I agree that a manual of sorts would be beneficial. I know for a fact I'm not using this software to its full potential. I hate calling them all the time asking how to do something.

Cool Re: Inspectit by AHIT

I called them to ask when a guide would become available all they said was with the next version but would not disclose when that would happen. Its like getting a car without a transmission, you can start it up but can't go too far. And yes I hate calling them to ask for these things also.

Rick

I wasn't knocked out by the iPad version, check boxes and the cost is high for what you get in my opinion.

Yes, I agree, and not only high but poorly designed. I've been trying out Homeguage for the price I would rather go with HG. Probably better service too. I wonder if they read these posts, if they did, then they haven't learned anything or don't care. I pay the annual fee I don't think I don't think I'm getting my moneys worth. So far poor product and poor service.

Rick