Ken Milton Guest

Default Home warranty inspections

Does anyone do home warranty inspections? Do you treat and price them the same as a "normal" HI? I have been getting calls for 1 year home warranty inspections and quoted quite a few with no luck on bookings.

Ken

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Aaron Miller Guest

Default Re: Home warranty inspections

Ken:

I charge the same for end-of-builder warranty inspections as I do for final new home inspections.

Aaron

Ken Milton Guest

Thanks Aaron,
    I guess I will just have to work on my marketing (phone) skills.

Ken Milton Guest

Thats great advice Clay. I am also dead in the water. I live in what appears to the toughest place right now for HI's. Riverside County in CA. has a foreclosure rate of 800 percent over last year. I too have inspected for 4 years and have been able to get jobs off of word of mouth. I now need to step out of my comfort zone and start marketing. I am learning that that part of the business is a little tougher for me. Thanks again for your help.

Ken

imported_John Smith Guest

Ken, I would say its about 10% of my total business. I charge the same as a normal home inspection.

I really enjoy doing them. I wish it were more of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Milton View Post
    Does anyone do home warranty inspections? Do you treat and price them the same as a "normal" HI? I have been getting calls for 1 year home warranty inspections and quoted quite a few with no luck on bookings.

Ken
    90 plus % of my inspections are new home warranty. It took me about 2 years to build up referrals, along with $1000 plus a month marketing to build it up to an average of 40 plus inspections per month..

Price wise here.. it's cut throat, 5 years ago there were 8-10 inspectors marketing new homes [ sending flyers] now there are 20 plus, a few weeks ago I walked on a scheduled inspection when the home owner wanted to know, when she met me at the door, if I would match one of the big franchise's coupon price of 200.00 for a 3200' home..

As far as reporting same as a normal inspection.
    I totally changed my narritaves to adress the home as it is, a new home, by listing workmanship standards and mfg installation specs on ever defect, and code references if needed when an item is disputed by the builder, opposed to simply identifing the defect and recommending futher evaluation by the builder..
    I borrowed a lot of info off this site from posts by Jerry P, Jeff H, and others, and found it to be very helpful, now I'm getting most
    [70- 80 %] of my inspections from referrals, plus I picked up 15 plus realtors that refer me on their re-sale and new home sales.