Thread: Composite decks

Larry Messner Guest

Default Composite decks

To all my fellow Inspector's,
    Hopefully your smarter than I am. About 2 months ago I put my ladder on a wood, plastic composite deck to reach the roof. It had rained the day before and the deck was still wet. I put one foot on the roof and the ladder slid out from under me. I fell, my back hitting the ladder. I felt a sharp pain in my back and feared the worst, but I could still move so I didn't break my back.
    I couldn't understand, however where the pool of blood on the deck was coming from. In the meantime my client had called the paramedics. Turns out I had a pretty nasty gouge in the back of my head. It took 9 staples in the emergency room. I then went back and finished my inspection. I'm lucky that's all that happened to me. I'll be more careful from now on.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

David Banks Guest

Default Re: Composite decks

Glad your OK. Lesson learned. I put a ladder on a wet deck once and as I stepped on roof the ladder when sliding away. Luckily it was only a 9 foot drop and I jumped down before my client showed up. Did not feel like looking like the idiot I was before we even met.

I never go on the roof until someone else is there. I'd rather look the fool than lay there on the ground with my cell phone up my ---!

Larry,

Glad to hear your OK. Did you find out what the sharp object was that gouged into your head when you fell?

I was thinking it might be the realtors toungue.