Thread: Basement romex.

Kevin McKinley Guest

Default Basement romex.

In the basement, I have romex running thru the floor joist's from the breaker box. Can I run from a junction box above to an outside wall and down to an outlet. I plan on using romex clips secured to the concrete wall with anchors, to keep the romex tight to the wall. Will this instalation be okay?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Basement romex.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin McKinley View Post
    In the basement, I have romex running thru the floor joist's from the breaker box.
    Can I run from a junction box above to an outside wall and down to an outlet.
    I plan on using romex clips secured to the concrete wall with anchors, to keep the romex tight to the wall. Will this instalation be okay?
    Nope.

Are all the external wiring Rated for Outdoor use and protected from physical damage ?

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin McKinley View Post
    In the basement, I have romex running thru the floor joist's from the breaker box. Can I run from a junction box above to an outside wall and down to an outlet. I plan on using romex clips secured to the concrete wall with anchors, to keep the romex tight to the wall. Will this instalation be okay?
    Nonmetallic sheathed cable needs to be protected from damage. If approved for your area, I would use MC cable rather than NM. Best bet, check with the local building department for clarification.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Kevin McKinley Guest

Thanks for the reply. I'll just run down the wall w/ MC. Thanks again.

Personally I'd use EMT or Wiremold raceways. If you're going to use AC/MC don't forget your bushings and make sure to get the right fittings for your transitions and boxes.