Default obstructed supply line entry point

The picture shows the best look that I could get at the water supply line entry. Because of this I was unable to positively identify the main water supply line material.

I know this type of fitting is commonly used with polybutylene. My question is, is it also possible or correct to use this type of fitting with polyethylene?

The house was built in 2001. The bolt holding the meter cover down in the yard was frozen and I could not get it to turn.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: obstructed supply line entry point

Quote Originally Posted by John Dirks Jr View Post
    My question is, is it also possible or correct to use this type of fitting with polyethylene?
    .grey color pvc male threaded coupling/pvc pipe fittings products, buy grey color pvc male threaded coupling/pvc pipe fittings products from alibaba.com

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Leigh Goodman Guest

It could be right. Hancock-Gross made fittings called Celcon slip fitting which was intended for use with copper, cpvc, polybutylene or galvanized.
    It was a compression fitting with a tapered nut, metal washer and rubber or vinyl washer.

The elbow in your photo is a common compression style fitting that spans multiple types of pipe material. Qest rated the fitting but most of the available documentation has since been removed. I have seen that fitting for PB to copper, PB to Pex, PB to anything-else, etc.