Default New home inspector

Just wanting to say hi to everyone. New to this site and to the inspection industry. Just passed the national test and trying to get everything in order for my business. I saw this site and thought it couldn't hurt to join and I believe I can learn from everyone. Have a great Christmas.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: New home inspector

Welcome Phil.

My advice is to be as independent as you can. Growth will be slower but the roots will be deeper in the long run. If someone else makes you, someone else will break you.

Good luck....because a bit of that helps too.

Welcome, Phil!
    I agree with John. I also just passed the NHIE and am applying for my Maryland HI license. My husband became a home inspector in 2003 and chose the independent route. Yes, business grew slowly... but we have also been spared the dramatic drop-off during the past three or four years caused by many, many realtors in our area quitting. Instead of dropping, our business has been increasing steadily, which is why I took the training myself.
    There are essentially three major decisions you need to make when starting out:
    1. Work for myself, or join a multi-inspector firm?
    2. If working for myself, start a new business or buy a franchise?
    3. If starting a new business, be independent or rely on realtor referrals?
    Each route has its pros and cons, and you need to decide which is the best for YOU and what will work in YOUR market.
    Good luck!

Welmoed Sisson
    Inspections by Bob, LLC, Boyds, MD
    "Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

Good luck Phil,
    Just keep on keeping on and don't let the lack of work at first get you down. Just be sure to get your name out there in the community and stay true to yourself. Market, Market, Market!!!

George Hallaron: Owner primary inspector
    Bienvenue Home Inspections LLC
    www.bienvenuehomeinspections.com

David McGuire Guest

Welcome to the forum Phil. Where in Kansas might you be? Hope you haven't completed your license packet for the State of Kansas. If not, wait until after Jan 01. If they grant you a license before the end of the year, they will expect you to have 16 hours of CE this year, even though there is only 12 days left. Which inspector school did you attend?

A lot of great information in this forum. Post often and ask questions.

Thank You John, yes every bit of advice helps.