Paige Gordon Guest

Smile Another Mueller Field Rep

Although not a Home Inspector, I have been doing Mueller Homeowners Insurance Surveys for 2 1/2 years. I have really enjoyed the Forum questions and comments as they answer many questions that I have had from my surveys. I look forward to chatting with you in the coming months. So far this year I have surveyed over 900 homes in Pueblo, Co. county for about a dozen different insurance companies.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Another Mueller Field Rep

Hi, Paige! And welcome! Isn't this a great forum for learning stuff about the job (I'm a Mueller FR, too)? You've been working for Mueller longer than any I've met so far, I'm interested to get your perspective. Sounds like you've been "lurking" here for a while...I encourage you to get involved. The people here are great, though occasionally it pays to have a thick skin. Debate is one of the good things about this forum, there's so much to be learned from it.

Do not think of knocking out another person's brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago.
    - James Burgh, 1754.

Hi Paige,welcome to this site. Hope you enjoy it. Question, do you know where Crowley is? I was born there quite a few years ago but no longer live in CO.

Paige Gordon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi Silber View Post
    Hi, Paige! And welcome! Isn't this a great forum for learning stuff about the job (I'm a Mueller FR, too)? You've been working for Mueller longer than any I've met so far, I'm interested to get your perspective. Sounds like you've been "lurking" here for a while...I encourage you to get involved. The people here are great, though occasionally it pays to have a thick skin. Debate is one of the good things about this forum, there's so much to be learned from it.
    Hi Kristi,
    Good to hear from another Muellerite. Hope I'm typing this at the right place for a reply. I started with Mueller after 36 yrs in the Real Estate business with my own firm for 28 yrs. in VA and 8 in Colorado. Then went full-time RVing for 5 yrs before settling back down in Pueblo West. After my retirement funds took a big hit I decided I needed to supplement my Soc. Sec. and this worked well. I only wanted to work a couple days a week, still play golf twice a week, determine my own hours and nobody looking over my shoulder. The pays not the greatest, but it beats WalMart, Lowes, Safeway, etc. I enjoy getting out and meeting the homeowners, although I admit some frustration with QA and management.
    This coming year is going to be rough as Mueller just lost the Allstate contract which was 60% of my business, so I will probably be looking for an additional company or something similar to supplement my 1 day a week with Mueller. So enough about me. What's your story?

Paige Gordon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bronner View Post
    Hi Paige,welcome to this site. Hope you enjoy it. Question, do you know where Crowley is? I was born there quite a few years ago but no longer live in CO.

Yeah, I sure do, Mike. Just north of Manzanola on Route 96 in our adjoining county. I only have had cases there 1 time but often go to Avondale and Boone near the county line. Small world isn't it. You went East and I came West (from Virginia).
    Nice hearing from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige Gordon View Post
    I will probably be looking for an additional company or something similar to supplement my 1 day a week with Mueller.
    Hi Paige,
    You might consider Midwest Technical Inspections, I'm a part-time field rep for them (since mid-Sept). MTI has people that work for them as well as other survey companies, they seem okay with it. Here are some blanket observations from my experience that may not be reality, but here goes. MTI management and QA seem more positive and encouraging, even when returning a survey to me for addn'l info. The pay-per-inspection seems to be similar, but it is harder (at least for me) to rack and stack very many per day. I'm in Chicago, driving 5 miles can take 20-30 minutes. Surveys are mostly commercial, which includes multi-family homes. Very few single family homes. Almost all require appointments, which takes time for phone calls. MTI pays something for surveys that can't be completed. Training was un-paid and minimal, perhaps because I'm an HI. They provided detailed instruction sheets for each type of survey and assigned me cases. Then QA gave me feedback as we went. I was told that I can refuse cases, so far I haven't done that.

Feel free to send me a message with questions.

Paige Gordon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Gould View Post
    Hi Paige,
    You might consider Midwest Technical Inspections, I'm a part-time field rep for them (since mid-Sept). MTI has people that work for them as well as other survey companies, they seem okay with it. Here are some blanket observations from my experience that may not be reality, but here goes. MTI management and QA seem more positive and encouraging, even when returning a survey to me for addn'l info. The pay-per-inspection seems to be similar, but it is harder (at least for me) to rack and stack very many per day. I'm in Chicago, driving 5 miles can take 20-30 minutes. Surveys are mostly commercial, which includes multi-family homes. Very few single family homes. Almost all require appointments, which takes time for phone calls. MTI pays something for surveys that can't be completed. Training was un-paid and minimal, perhaps because I'm an HI. They provided detailed instruction sheets for each type of survey and assigned me cases. Then QA gave me feedback as we went. I was told that I can refuse cases, so far I haven't done that.

Feel free to send me a message with questions.

Thanks a bunch, Phil. I really appreciate your input and will surely check it out. I definitely need to get more cases. Thanks again and I'll let you know how it works out.