Mathew Chaney Guest

Default New to field service inspections-insurance loss ?

I'm new to this forum and to the field services inspections business. I am trying to get my business up and running and need information. What are the going rates for insurance loss inspections and rush insurance loss inpections. I am registering with some firms and need to post my rates. Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: New to field service inspections-insurance loss ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew Chaney View Post
    I'm new to this forum and to the field services inspections business. I am trying to get my business up and running and need information. What are the going rates for insurance loss inspections and rush insurance loss inpections. I am registering with some firms and need to post my rates. Any help would be appreciated.

Matt
    That is a good question!

Most folks on this site do not do this type of inspection due to the low fees that are paid.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ron Bibler Guest

Welcome Mathew. keep pluging away at the line of work you are after.
    the best way to set your fees is to break down your needs to run your company. then you will understand what you will need to charge for your time.

If a job take 4 HR what do you need for your time, truck, insurance, gas, a nice lunch.

Don't work by what other are going to say you should charge.

SET YOUR OWN PRICE. AND DON'T BE CHEEP ON YOUR SELF!!!

I do insurance work with Infrared Thermal Imaging starting at $ 200.00 per hr.

Best

Ron

Mathew,
    Prices will very depending on location. NYC is different than Fargo, ND. Not to mention U.K. or Belize.

Two methods for pricing. 1) Competitive, where you hope that you can survive at that rate. or 2) Cost of doing business, where you determine what you need to charge to make a specific profit.