If possible, thanks.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Default Re: Anyone have 2003 IRC

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    I need two sections from Code check..1701.2 & 2407.47 and T4001.5
    If possible, thanks.

Not sure why you'd be referencing the unammended 2003 IRC for a "code check" anywhere in California....

The following links, you must scroll down to see the detail (also must load all cookies & java):

There was no subsection 47 from 2407, there was a 2407.4, a 2407.7, perhaps you meant 2447?

2003 IRC unammended 1701.2 (clickable link):
    Chapter 17 - Combustion Air

There is no subsection 2407.47...2407 has 12 subsections in Ch. 24 in the 2003 IRC.

There is a G2407.4 (304.4, Makeup air provisions) here (clickable link): Chapter 24 - Fuel Gas

G2407.4 (304.4) Makeup air provisions.

Makeup air requirements for the operation of exhaust fans, kitchen ventilation systems, clothes dryers and fireplaces shall be considered in determining the adequacy of a space to provide combustion air requirements.
    and a G2407.7(304.7 Combination indoor and outdoor combustion air), here (clickable link):
    Chapter 24 - Fuel Gas

G2407.7 (304.7) Combination indoor and outdoor combustion air.

The use of a combination of indoor and outdoor combustion air shall be in accordance with Sections G2407.7.1 through G2407.7.3.

G2407.7.1 (304.7.1) Indoor openings.

Where used, openings connecting the interior spaces shall comply with Section G2407.5.3.

G2407.7.2 (304.7.2) Outdoor opening location.

Outdoor opening(s) shall be located in accordance with Section G2407.6.

G2407.7.3 (304.7.3) Outdoor opening(s) size.

The outdoor opening(s) size shall be calculated in accordance with the following:
    1. The ratio of interior spaces shall be the available volume of all communicating spaces divided by the required volume.
    2. The outdoor size reduction factor shall be one minus the ratio of interior spaces.
    3. The minimum size of outdoor opening(s) shall be the full size of outdoor opening(s) calculated in accordance with Section G2407.6, multiplied by the reduction factor. The minimum dimension of air openings shall be not less than 3 inches (76 mm).
    Perhaps you meant to refer to Section G2447 (623 Cooking appliances)? You can find that here (clickable link):
    Chapter 24 - Fuel Gas

SECTION G2447 (623) COOKING APPLIANCES

G2447.1 (623.1) Cooking appliances.

Cooking appliances that are designed for permanent installation, including ranges, ovens, stoves, broilers, grills, fryers, griddles, hot plates and barbecues, shall be tested in accordance with ANSI Z21.1 or ANSI Z21.58 and shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions.

G2447.2 (623.2) Prohibited location.

Cooking appliances designed, tested, listed and labeled for use in commercial occupancies shall not be installed within dwelling units or within any area where domestic cooking operations occur.

G2447.3 (623.3) Domestic appliances.

Cooking appliances installed within dwelling units and within areas where domestic cooking operations occur shall be listed and labeled as household-type appliances for domestic use.

G2447.4 (623.4) Range installation.

Ranges installed on combustible floors shall be set on their own bases or legs and shall be installed with clearances of not less than that shown on the label.
    Table E4001.5 (Disconnecting Means) scroll down below subsection 4001.5 bottom half of the page (clickable link): Chapter 40 - Appliance Installation

E4001.5 Disconnecting means.

Each appliance shall be provided with a means to disconnect all ungrounded supply conductors. For fixed electric space-heating equipment, means shall be provided to disconnect the heater and any motor controller(s) and supplemental overcurrent-protective devices. Switches and circuit breakers used as a disconnecting means shall be of the indicating type. Disconnecting means shall be as set forth in Table E4001.5.

TABLE E4001.5 DISCONNECTING MEANS
    Description / Allowed Disconnecting Means

Permanently connected appliance rated at not over 300 volt–amperes or 0.125 horsepower. / Branch–circuit overcurrent device.

Permanently connected appliances rated in excess of 300 volt–amperes or 0.125 horsepower. / Branch circuit breaker or switch located within sight of appliance or such devices in any location that are capable of being locked in the open position.

Appliances listed for cord–and–plug connection. / A separable connector or attachment plug and receptacle provided with access.

Permanently installed heating equipment with motors rated at not over 0.125 horsepower with supplementary overcurrent protection. / Disconnect, on the supply side of fuses, in sight from the supplementary overcurrent device, and in sight of the heating equipment or, in any location, if capable of being locked in the open position.

Heating equipment containing motors rated over 0.125 horsepower with supplementary overcurrent protection. / Disconnect permitted to serve as required disconnect for both the heating equipment and the controller where, on the supply side of fuses, and in sight from the supplementary overcurrent devices, if the disconnecting means is also in sight from the controller, or is capable of being locked off.

Heating equipment containing no motor rated over 0.125 horsepower without supplementary overcurrent protection. / Branch–circuit switch or circuit breaker where within sight from the heating equipment or capable of being locked off.

Heating equipment containing motors rated over 0.125 horsepower without supplementary overcurrent protection. / Disconnecting means in sight from motor controller or as provided for heating equipment with motor rated over 0.125 horsepower with supplementary overcurrent protection.

Air–conditioning condensing units and heat pump units. / A readily accessible disconnect within sight from unit as the only allowable means.a

Appliances and fixed heating equipment with unit switches having a marked OFF position. / Unit switch where an additional individual switch or circuit breaker serves as a redundant disconnecting means.

Thermostatically controlled fixed heating equipment. / Thermostats with a marked OFF position that directly open all ungrounded conductors, which when manually placed in the OFF position are designed so that the circuit cannot be energized automatically and that are located within sight of the equipment controlled.

a. The disconnecting means shall be permitted to be installed on or within the unit. It shall not be located on panels designed to allow access to the unit.
    Marc, Save this link to your favorites, you can reference any edition of the unammended I-codes index from same (clickable link) in read-only mode:

International

This is the link to the California-specific index (clickable link): STATE INFORMATION

To navigate within chapters, sections & subsections, you often must use the "next section" and "previous section" links to get to the tables, and next breakdown of the sub-section, sub-division, etc. on the ICC "free" access site.
    HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    Not sure why you'd be referencing the unammended 2003 IRC for a "code check" anywhere in California....

The following links, you must scroll down to see the detail (also must load all cookies & java):

There was no subsection 47 from 2407, there was a 2407.4, a 2407.7, perhaps you meant 2447?

2003 IRC unammended 1701.2 (clickable link):
    Chapter 17 - Combustion Air

There is no subsection 2407.47...2407 has 12 subsections in Ch. 24 in the 2003 IRC.

There is a G2407.4 (304.4, Makeup air provisions) here (clickable link): Chapter 24 - Fuel Gas

and a G2407.7(304.7 Combination indoor and outdoor combustion air), here (clickable link):
    Chapter 24 - Fuel Gas

Perhaps you meant to refer to Section G2447 (623 Cooking appliances)? You can find that here (clickable link):
    Chapter 24 - Fuel Gas

Table E4001.5 (Disconnecting Means) scroll down below subsection 4001.5 bottom half of the page (clickable link): Chapter 40 - Appliance Installation

Marc, Save this link to your favorites, you can reference any edition of the unammended I-codes index from same (clickable link) in read-only mode:

International

This is the link to the California-specific index (clickable link): STATE INFORMATION

To navigate within chapters, sections & subsections, you often must use the "next section" and "previous section" links to get to the tables, and next breakdown of the sub-section, sub-division, etc. on the ICC "free" access site.
    HTH.
    Thank you HG. I was referencing it completely out of curiosity. I was reading the code check booklet and that section on WH fans sparked my interest. That's all.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Thank you HG. I was referencing it completely out of curiosity. I was reading the code check booklet and that section on WH fans sparked my interest. That's all.
    You're welcome Marc.

That nearly last link that displays "International" is the one to save to your favorites - it can get you to all editions of the unammended I-codes in a free-view mode - so you can freely cross reference such materials. Just remember the cavats regarding navigation within - using the next section, previous section links within rather than your browser's back or next keys. So you don't have to hunt in the prior post, its: International
    Pick the code, click on it, then choose the edition from the next page.

You still have the link in your favorites to the NFPA Codes & Standards list to access view-only most recent free access to current codes list link as well, right? Just in case, it's: List of NFPA codes & standards

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    You're welcome Marc.

That nearly last link that displays "International" is the one to save to your favorites - it can get you to all editions of the unammended I-codes in a free-view mode - so you can freely cross reference such materials. Just remember the cavats regarding navigation within - using the next section, previous section links within rather than your browser's back or next keys. So you don't have to hunt in the prior post, its: International
    Pick the code, click on it, then choose the edition from the next page.

You still have the link in your favorites to the NFPA Codes & Standards list to access view-only most recent free access to current codes list link as well, right? Just in case, it's: List of NFPA codes & standards
    Very nice...thanks so much. I saved that info to my favorites, good reference materials. I just bought today the new 2010 California code set. Looking forward to downloading it tonight. I also got the Mike Holt "understanding the NEC" 1&2, very nice, It's like Christmas all over - although my wife can see the joy in a brand new set of code books..

I need two sections from Code check..1701.2 & 2407.47 and T4001.5
    If possible, thanks.
    Here you go Marc. A handy little website.

bulk.resource.org

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/