Thread: Flashlight

Default Flashlight

I need a new flashlight - small, bright, and in the $20-$30 range. Any suggestions?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Flashlight

Probably not worth much. I bought a new back up light on Black Friday for $29.95 (225 lumens) but it was $89.00 regular price.
    You might be able to find a one on sale somewhere, but you should really expect to pay more for a decent flashlight.

Spend the money and get a decent flashlight. I use a Streamlight Stinger rechargeable HP LED. 200 Lumens, 2 to 7 hours battery life depending on the setting and unbreakable. $105 online.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Ray o vac Extreme at 180 lumens which is the actual light output and with 3 C cells that last a very long time of 3-4 months average on inspections is a great deal.
    It is sold at ACE and Menards that I know of at about $30.

Been using this model for 2-3 years now as my primary.
    This is a one bulb flashlight and has a good output.

Joe Suelter Guest

Ditto for anything StreamLight. They have awesome customer service, and a lifetime warranty to boot. I have 2 older flashlights there right now for repair work...they both need new switches. Only thing it cost me was freight to them.

For a primary I'd say you need to spend a little more. Yes anything Streamlight. Bought my Streamlight Stinger, my primary, July of 2000, still use it everyday.
    You may want to look into the new Streamlight stylus pro pen light. Uses 2 double A's, LED, great little light, runs around $20 here.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Smile Re: Flashlight

Thanks, All. I'll investigate those.

Stephen G Guest

I walk in the house, I put on my Energizer Hard case Headlamp. It carries 3 AA in the nape housing. It may not have any sex appeal but it works just fine. It frees up both of my hands for camera and ladder holding. It also allows me to hand my penlight to the client so they can see what I see. Very balanced, easily turned on or off, has a filtre and red and green lenses. I also have two penlights and a No Name Brand 1,000,000 candle dark eraser.

Energizer® - Products=

well thats my ten cents (cdn)

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Suelter View Post
    Ditto for anything StreamLight. They have awesome customer service, and a lifetime warranty to boot. I have 2 older flashlights there right now for repair work...they both need new switches. Only thing it cost me was freight to them.
    I'm fortunate to live 15-20 minutes from the Streamlight plant. I can't recall the last time I paid for a new bulb when they go. It's always free. And they often will also change out the switch and lens at no charge either.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Eldon (Scooter) Holliday Guest

Ray O Vac Extreme is a great light with a lifetime warranty and cost about $30 retail bought mine a Battery Plus. I have seen them for about $20 on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon (Scooter) Holliday View Post
    Ray O Vac Extreme is a great light with a lifetime warranty and cost about $30 retail bought mine a Battery Plus. I have seen them for about $20 on Amazon.
    Glad you agree as I have turned on a few Inspectors to this item in the past.

Try SEARS They have two low cost backup flashlights.
    For $50: Dorcy 220 lumen Cree Xre LED Rechargeable Flashlight w/ ChargersSears Item# 03493599000 | Model# 41-4299

or For $25: Craftsman 160 Lumen 3AAA LED Aluminum Flashlight with Batteries. Sears Item# 03493602000 | Model# 41-5900

Still using my Dewalt 18 volt rechargeable...it large but it lights everything! It is so bright is scares critters in crawlspaces

Jeff Zehnder - Home Inspector, Raleigh, NC
    http://www.jjeffzehnder.com/
    http://carolinahomeinspections.com/

Purchased one of these. Incredible light. About $45 at Lowes.

Dorcy 41-4299 220 Lumen Rechargeable Cree XRE LED Flashlight

AC / DC Chargers included 220 lumens Bright , Adjustable , C cell or smaller size, apr 4 hours run time, I have 3 of these,Baseline Equipment Company 41-4299 LED Rechargeable 220 lumens
    as well as a couple of Steam Lite"s. But prefer the Dorsey.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Smile Re: Flashlight

Thanks for your great advice. I am going to go with the Ray O Vac SE4W3C Sportsman Xtreme 3C 4-watt, 180 lumens, $24.16 at Amazon. I think it will serve me well.

Jumping in a bit late, but, if it is going to be your primary flashlight, I say spend the extra and get the Olight M30. Extremely bright and pretty good battery life.

Rob Jones
    Washington State Licensed Home Inspector #256
    www.washingtonhomeinspector.biz

World's Brightest & Most Powerful Flashlight | The Torch

Here is a link for a 4100 lumens flashlight. This is the one i currently own and it does not get any better then this.