Thread: Woven valley

mathew stouffer Guest

Default Woven valley

It appear two of the courses are woven incorrectly. I only noted two but was more curious the importance of this.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Woven valley

all the shingles at the right side are improperly staggered along with the fact that this type of shingle is not meant to be woven. typically it will be cut to prevent over bending of the doubled sections.
    which is probably why all the tabs line up.
    bag it!! piss poor job and will more than likely not last as long as it should and may leak soon

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    It appear two of the courses are woven incorrectly. I only noted two but was more curious the importance of this.
    What did you mean about "... I only noted two ..." ?

The actual weave looks ok, but bad idea on architectural shingle due textured design.

I agree on tab staggering and texture alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    I see the two misses on the weave. It's probably fine, provided the underlayment prep is correct and whole shingles cross the valley. If a joint occurs in the valley the potential for leaks is greater. My Opinion.

Some shingles on the right side appear to be stacked. Confirm the shingles have the proper stagger.

FYI for reference

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

mathew stouffer Guest

Two misses on the weave, I could only see two.