Thread: Thank you.

Roofmaster 417 Guest

Default Thank you.

Hello everyone..,I have been monitoring this site for a while and got the courage to become a member of your community.

I am a perfectionist and I am a sponge for knowledge.My area of expertise is Roofing,Siding and Gutters.I feel I have some things to offer this site in regards to my trade.

I have the utmost respect for everyone directly or indirectly involved with the home industry.I give respect and would like the same in return.

I truly look forward to my time here.Thank you for having me.Thank you.

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Thank you.

Hello Roofmaster
    Since roofing is not my expertise, I have a personal question, perhaps you can offer some advice (off the record) regarding re-roofing. I currently have a built-up tar and gravel roof, nearing time for replacement. It is comprised of plywood with 2 layers of fibreboard insulation and than the built-up roof. I am considering having the roof stripped back to the exsting plywood.

What would be your personal best for what to use or how to re-roof. I would like to go with a single ply system. I currently have about 2000 sf of flat roof on the house drained with commercial roof drains and 2 scuppers for overflow (backup system).

For geographical location - I'm located in Windsor Ontario across from Detroit Michigan.

Roofmaster 417 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Lawrenson View Post
    Hello Roofmaster
    Since roofing is not my expertise, I have a personal question, perhaps you can offer some advice (off the record) regarding re-roofing. I currently have a built-up tar and gravel roof, nearing time for replacement. It is comprised of plywood with 2 layers of fibreboard insulation and than the built-up roof. I am considering having the roof stripped back to the exsting plywood.

What would be your personal best for what to use or how to re-roof. I would like to go with a single ply system. I currently have about 2000 sf of flat roof on the house drained with commercial roof drains and 2 scuppers for overflow (backup system).

For geographical location - I'm located in Windsor Ontario across from Detroit Michigan.
    I would be more than happy to give some advice.I will post you something in the next couple of days.This might sound silly but are you wanting the best?.,as money isn't an issue because of property pride?.,Or like a Better,Best then Green Innovative?

Thank you....whenever it is convenient!
    It does not need to be the "top one". Just something that you consider as rated on or at the upper end of the scale.

Roofmaster 417 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Lawrenson View Post
    Thank you....whenever it is convenient!
    It does not need to be the "top one". Just something that you consider as rated on or at the upper end of the scale.
    Generally in my area I would use Epdm or a TPO.,but in your area I just so happen to know a contractor whom I have much respect for who is in business in B.C.

With your climate an Epdm roof system is not the best given your extreme weather.

Tear it off down to your decking. Install a 2 ply torch on system, SBS sanded base then the base then the cap.