Default Commercial Inspection Roof Infrared

How do commercial building inspectors handle the roof imaging? A proper roof infrared survey requires ideal conditions (warm, sunny day; imaging after the sun goes down), several hours of imaging and roof marking, more hours of image processing, evaluating, and reporting - far more than you're getting paid for with your basic commercial building inspection. Is a cursory imaging all that is normally done?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Commercial Inspection Roof Infrared

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Merrick View Post
    How do commercial building inspectors handle the roof imaging? A proper roof infrared survey requires ideal conditions (warm, sunny day; imaging after the sun goes down), several hours of imaging and roof marking, more hours of image processing, evaluating, and reporting - far more than you're getting paid for with your basic commercial building inspection. Is a cursory imaging all that is normally done?
    I include it but only as you stated, cursory imaging. I don't mark-up the roof but simply include anything I may have identified in the roof section of the report.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Thanks, Marc.

Stephen G Guest

Nice pic Marc, maybe later in may career I will get a Thermal camera, for now I will ask questions.

Ref the above pic. On a flat roof is it showing water that has seeped past and under the membrane around a roof drain.

Thank you

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen G View Post
    Nice pic Marc, maybe later in may career I will get a Thermal camera, for now I will ask questions.

Ref the above pic. On a flat roof is it showing water that has seeped past and under the membrane around a roof drain.

Thank you

Steve
    I dont know how i did inspections for so long without it! And yes, you are correct. Water seeping in around a skupper.