Thread: Ladder Rack

Default Ladder Rack

If my truck ever kicks the bucket, I'll probably go to a minivan set up. Does anyone have a ladder rack that they are using with a van that they like? Any that you don't like?

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Default Re: Ladder Rack

We prefer using a fold-up ladder that fits inside our Volvo station wagon. That way it stays clean and dry, and is easier to carry around.
    --Welmoed

Welmoed Sisson
    Inspections by Bob, LLC, Boyds, MD
    "Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

Stephen G Guest

Man when my truck dies in 2yrs, est (sniff sniff) I am getting this Clubman to get around. I think my fold up ladder will fit. The gas alone...just saying

I thought of that, but I'm really not interested in a fold up ladder, nor am I interested in dragging a wet ladder in and out of my van. Anybody using a roof rack?

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Aaron Frasher Guest

I use a 2000 Nissan quest van with a roof rack. It works just fine. I put my 20 foot extension up there with noproblem. I even hauled a 30 foot fiberglas extension ladder on it with noproblem.

I used a roof rack for my bigger ladder when I needed it. I had a Scion Xb for several years. It was actually easier to use than my new F150.
    The rack I had was a aftermarket (Yakima?) clamp on rack and never gave me a bit of trouble.
    The only real drawback was wind noise and drag with the ladders up there. It usually cost me 1-2 mpg.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

If ya dont mind drilling the roof then maybe this would give you some heavy duty service.

Chevy HHR minivan Heavy duty UNIVERSAL ladder roof rack | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    If my truck ever kicks the bucket, I'll probably go to a minivan set up. Does anyone have a ladder rack that they are using with a van that they like? Any that you don't like?
    Hi Jim,

I drive a Honda CRV and put my extension ladder on my roof rack for years. I used webbing straps from Thule to secure the ladder. Takes a couple of minutes to remove and replace it. I recently switched to a Little Giant and it goes in the back of my vehicle. Much easier.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

I have a set of heavy duty Highland top carriers (2) Jim that are like new. I was about to run them on Craig's List. 60" wide with a 1 1/2" cross pipe. Clamps to rain gutter of roof. Haven't quite figured a price as yet but if you are interested, email me and I'll have the rest of the details.

I got them on a covered trailer I bought. My Little Giant slips into the back of my pickup with a Truxedo cover on top to keep out the weather and dirt, so I have no need for them.

Beacon Inspection Services
    Proudly Serving the Greater Henderson and Las Vegas Valley Area in Southern Nevada!
    Like Beacon On Facebook

Ford Ranger with a flat top canopy. I bolted on aluminum angle peices to accept the clamps for a standard roof rack. In the back, I have my 17' Jaws with the top section off to the side, and a stepladder that's my outdoor desk on the other side. Camera pole and safety gear, ropes, shovel, 4 foot level, etc. all goes in the back.

Even when I don't need the long ladder, it says I'm ready to go, good advertising. I take it off if I know there's no high roofs coming up.

Fill the rungs with spray foam to stop the whistling on the hiway.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca