Guy D Brand Sr Guest

Default Need Help for FHP Water Source HP age?

I need help to dtermine age of FHP water source heat pump. The model is
    GT030-1CFN, Serial # D085652D. Thx. for your help.

Guy

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Need Help for FHP Water Source HP age?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy D Brand Sr View Post
    I need help to dtermine age of FHP water source heat pump. The model is
    GT030-1CFN, Serial # D085652D. Thx. for your help.

Guy
    From my chart, that serial number does not jive ... what my chart shows is two letters, the first one is the year and the second one is the month, but there is no "O" in the second digit - so they may have changed their numbering sequence.

"A" in the first digit used to indicate 1971 or 1994
    "B" in the first digit used to indicate 1972 or 1995
    "C" in the first digit used to indicate 1973 or 1996
    "D" in the first digit used to indicate 1974 or 1997
    "E" in the first digit used to indicate 1975 or 1998
    "F" in the first digit used to indicate 1976 or 1999
    "G"
    "H"
    "J"
    "K"
    "L"
    "M" 1982 or 2005
    "N"
    "O"
    "P"
    "R"
    "S"
    "T"
    "U"
    "V"
    "W"
    "X"
    "Y"
    "Z"

The second digits were the months:
    A - Jan.
    B - Feb.
    C - Mar.
    D - Apr.
    E - May.
    F - June
    G - July
    H - Aug.
    J - Sept.
    K - Oct.
    L - Nov.
    M - Dec.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Wink Re: Need Help for FHP Water Source HP age?

Check your photos and/or notes and/or typing on your post here.

The Model designation ends with the F for Flow, (i.e. CF for Counter Flow, as opposed to VT for Vertical or HZ for Horizontal) for the Packaged GT Series (Geo Thermal) WSHP.

FHP's Packaged Water Source Heat Pump Model GT(GeoThermal)030-1 number ends in CF (or VT or HZ).

If Jerry's info is correct, and as the "N" doesn't belong at the model number for the unit; therefore, I suspect the "N" you applied at the end of the model number in your post here was actually, the first character of your serial number, and according to Jerry, is your year (2006), and D is your month, Apr. I didn't recall anyone using the letter "O" for a date code year.

IIRC, Bosch also bought out FHP (Florida Heat Pump) Mfg. right around that time also. (05/06-ish IIRC). They may well have changed the numbering system with the acquisition or shortly thereafter, I don't recall one way or the other.

You can always call them, yourself; and/or go back and look at the plate again if your notes from the inspection conflict or you didn't take a picture of the data plate ( ) Perhaps you just made an error in the post here?

You might like to reference the "GT Series" Packaged Counter Flow unit (GT030-1CF) data on the FHP Mfg. Cut Sheet for the Geo Thermal Packaged Units from that time period and the specifics for the particular unit you inspected; so...

I've attached a clickable link to FHP Mfg's Performance Data Sheet for the GT Series, circa March 2006 for your reference. (pdf file 2 pgs, 2.55 MB).

Unfortunately its too large to directly upload here, and I've neither the time nor drive to downsize it, nor track down another source with a smaller sized file for that vintage.

clickable link: http://www.heatpumpsuppliers.com/PDF/GT_Qu_ref.pdf

HTH.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 07-03-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Guy D Brand Sr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    Check your photos and/or notes and/or typing on your post here.

The Model designation ends with the F for Flow, (i.e. CF for Counter Flow, as opposed to VT for Vertical or HZ for Horizontal) for the Packaged GT Series (Geo Thermal) WSHP.

FHP's Packaged Water Source Heat Pump Model GT(GeoThermal)030-1 number ends in CF (or VT or HZ).

If Jerry's info is correct, and as the "N" doesn't belong at the model number for the unit; therefore, I suspect the "N" you applied at the end of the model number in your post here was actually, the first character of your serial number, and according to Jerry, is your year (2006), and D is your month, Apr. I didn't recall anyone using the letter "O" for a date code year.

IIRC, Bosch also bought out FHP (Florida Heat Pump) Mfg. right around that time also. (05/06-ish IIRC). They may well have changed the numbering system with the acquisition or shortly thereafter, I don't recall one way or the other.

You can always call them, yourself; and/or go back and look at the plate again if your notes from the inspection conflict or you didn't take a picture of the data plate ( ) Perhaps you just made an error in the post here?

You might like to reference the "GT Series" Packaged Counter Flow unit (GT030-1CF) data on the FHP Mfg. Cut Sheet for the Geo Thermal Packaged Units from that time period and the specifics for the particular unit you inspected; so...

I've attached a clickable link to FHP Mfg's Performance Data Sheet for the GT Series, circa March 2006 for your reference. (pdf file 2 pgs, 2.55 MB).

Unfortunately its too large to directly upload here, and I've neither the time nor drive to downsize it, nor track down another source with a smaller sized file for that vintage.

clickable link: http://www.heatpumpsuppliers.com/PDF/GT_Qu_ref.pdf

HTH.
    Thx. Fellows. I had a typo and then I had a local HI send me the code list for this manufacturer. Thx. again!

Does anyone have the serial decipher for this Bosch version FHP?

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    When "functional" is not good enough, Call Final Analysis Home Inspections, Virginia Beach VA