Thread: Eye Fi Sd Cards

Default Eye Fi Sd Cards

Eye-Fi memory cards: wireless photo and video uploads from your camera to your computer & the web. | Eye-Fi

$40 at Target for a 4 gig SD card with built in Wi Fi. I bought one a couple weeks ago and set it up in my inspection camera. It downloads my photos from the camera to my laptop automatically. No cables, no pulling the card from the camera and putting it in my computer.

When I get to a home I'll set up my computer on the kitchen counter. Start on the exterior then head up on the roof. By the time I go back inside my photos are already on my computer. I do my reports on site and this is a huge time saver. It operates off the camera batteries, but I haven't noticed my camera going through batteries any faster than normal and I generally take at least 50 pictures per inspection.

The card can also be set up to connect wirelessly to smart phones and pads, pretty much anything with a wireless connection.

Well worth $40.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Default Re: Eye Fi Sd Cards

Is there any other hardware needed?
    I have seen these and have considered picking up one just to try but I have not taken the time to do any research on these.
    I see from the website that there is a mode to send direct to ipad or android. What kind of range do you have with the card, is the actual range good enough to work over a couple of rooms?

Alton Darty
    ATN Services, LLC
    www.arinspections.com

Search Result - Future Shop

Eye-Fi memory cards: wireless photo and video uploads from your camera to your computer & the web. | Eye-Fi

I bought one and took it back because I found it was very slow at uploading if you had a lot of pictures. Maybe the card has been improved, and when I tried it has got to be at least two years ago.

I see the 4GB price has dropped quite a bit, it was closer to $80 at least up here.

Ken,
    Have you determined the max range ?

No other hardware needed. You do need to install software on your computer, but its on the card and the card comes with its own sd to usb card reader.

I don't know maximum range but haven't had any issued while doing inspections.

It appears that your laptop computer needs to be connected to a wi-fi network or on a 3G/4G network in order to do the transfer. Is that true?

David,
    If you can go from camera to laptop it must be able to do as ad-hock connection.

Very interesting, have to check into this..........

Actually it's not an ad hoc network. The card sets up its own wireless network just like a wireless router does in your home. The computer connects directly to the cards network.

Quote Originally Posted by David Swartz View Post
    It appears that your laptop computer needs to be connected to a wi-fi network or on a 3G/4G network in order to do the transfer. Is that true?
    It can connect just as you state, but there is also the option to connect as a stand alone network. That's how I set it up.

Too bad it doesn't come in an Olympus card. I guess I'll have to wait.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Ken,
    may be a mater of terminology, as a direct connection between two wireless devices.
    Laptop to printer, Card to Laptop.
    Always good to hear a first hand account of a product. Thanks