Thread: Camera value

mathew stouffer Guest

Default Camera value

Any thoughts of the value of a 5 year old Flir B2 camera. It's in good condition, battery charger is shot but they only cost 150. I may want to sell it and upgrade.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Camera value

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    Any thoughts of the value of a 5 year old Flir B2 camera. It's in good condition, battery charger is shot but they only cost 150. I may want to sell it and upgrade.
    Found one FLIR ThermaCam B2 Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera | eBay from a Re Saler.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Eeyow! That's a lot for out of date technology. Buy a $500 computer and in a year it's not worth $100. Is that a reasonable price?

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

All I can tell you is that I paid $13,000 (or so, don't recall exactly) for my infrared camera, then sold it 3 or so years years later for $3,500.

Those camera prices take a BIG hit when no longer new and with newer/better ones selling for the same or less than the older ones did.

The way I looked at it was that I made a lot of money with that camera in the 3 years or so I had it, and for that reason I was not losing any money by selling the camera at that low price.

Think about how much you've made with that camera, deduct that from what you paid for it, and when you get your answer you can send the camera to me postage paid because you made that much from the camera.

I will look forward to receiving that camera next week?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerry,
    Your post gave me some thought. I have a tool that I have used for a few years, and have made tens of thousands times the cost. I'm done with it, and going to upgrade to a newer model.
    You can expect a package from me very soon. Since you are getting a valuable tool for free, I'm sure you won't mind paying for the postage.

Jack

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Since you are getting a valuable tool for free, I'm sure you won't mind paying for the postage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    you can send the camera to me postage paid
    Jack,

I offer the same deal for your very valuable tool.

I will make sure that all the very valuable tools I get go to good homes where the tools can be put to the best use possible.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

mathew stouffer Guest

That seams a little high, I was thinking 2000

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    That seams a little high, I was thinking 2000
    They do look like an Equipment Business that would need to return a profit.
    * should find a Buyer @ that Price Point.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Yea..., I cried when i saw the price of my camera now..

It's sort of like the market in used "high-end" digital cameras: "Humm... should a buy an "obsolescent" 8MP body that was pro "state-of-art" three years ago for $850, or it's current $4000 replacement?"

A lot of your "investment" in either sort of camera is sufficient mastery of the controls to allow quick and "automatic" adjustment, and a lot of the utility is in your ability to accurately evaluate it's particular display characteristics.

Operating and evaluating results on my "obsolescent" 4 yo Fluke is now "second nature", and I'm unlikely to upgrade until it fails or there is something *much* better available.

And even so I might look for a heavily discounted similar used replacement.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Go to FLIR Systems Inc. Infrared Cameras | SPI Infrared

They have some sweet used cameras. Some of the cameras cost $50K or more when new. They are selling at a fraction of the original price, which is also alot less than a new camera that suits me costs.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Stephan perry Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    Go to FLIR Systems Inc. Infrared Cameras | SPI Infrared

They have some sweet used cameras. Some of the cameras cost $50K or more when new. They are selling at a fraction of the original price, which is also alot less than a new camera that suits me costs.
    Would it be better to buy , rent , or buy used for use at my first day of training ? What school has the best training ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan perry View Post
    Would it be better to buy , rent , or buy used for use at my first day of training ? What school has the best training ? Thanks
    Depends. Buy if you have the ability to create a revenue source to offset the cost of the equipment then buy. If you have jobs that are sporadic then rent.
    We use IR every day. Were certified through ITC and infraspection both are great places to train.
    We carry both Fluke and Flir cams both are excellent.