Default Inspectorpro Insurance

The last thread I found is about a year old and I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience with these guys for E/O or general liability?

It's about 1/2 the cost of other programs. I'd check them out with my state before signing up, of course.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Inspectorpro Insurance

We (InterNACHI) highly recommend them.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Matt you might want to check NAPLIA as well. I switched back to them this year. Their rates are very good, I was previously with OREP. Here's the link North American Professional Liability Insurance Agency - Errors & Omissions

naplia and pro both use the same underwriter--lexington--they sort of seperate there business areas across the country--prices should be right on--i use Naplia--call Michele at naplia-508-656-1345

cvf

Actually, NAPLIA and InspectorPRO both have the same program which is underwritten by Great American. What that means to you as the inspector is you can buy pretty much the same policy at a similar rate but have it provided by either NAPLIA or InspectorPRO. NAPLIA also offers a Lexington program as well.

I'm partial to FREA myself as they have been around a long time and there's something to said about continuity, service, claims management, etc., etc., in this market.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Garrison View Post
    I'm partial to FREA myself as they have been around a long time and there's something to said about continuity, service, claims management, etc., etc., in this market.

Of course your partial to FREA--you work for them.

Smile Re: Inspectorpro Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post

Of course your partial to FREA--you work for them.
    DUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.................... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Garrison View Post
    DUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.................... :-)
    Ben, might work for FREA but he will tell you just like it is no matter who the insurance company you are asking about. I have found Ben to be helpful and honest with his information.

FYI, Ben does not insure me so this is just an honest opine of what I have seen over the years.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Ben, might work for FREA but he will tell you just like it is no matter who the insurance company you are asking about. I have found Ben to be helpful and honest with his information.

FYI, Ben does not insure me so this is just an honest opine of what I have seen over the years.
    Thank you, Scott. And for the record, I didn't pay Scott to say that! I give the good, the bad, the ugly about everyone, FREA included, and the reality is that there's not a lot of "bad and ugly" to mention about the major players in the E&O market. Sure there are differences among us and things to you need to consider above and beyond the price, but that goes fore just about anything you're purchasing.

Hi Ben, I have a question for you. I have hired an assistant (carries the ladder, etc) that I would like to cover under my general liability policy, not my professional liability. I called my insurer, FREA, and was told (with no discussion or alternatives) they ONLY insure home inspectors. Is there someone out there who will cover my employee? Do I need to get a separate policy for my employee?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Thompson View Post
    Hi Ben, I have a question for you. I have hired an assistant (carries the ladder, etc) that I would like to cover under my general liability policy, not my professional liability. I called my insurer, FREA, and was told (with no discussion or alternatives) they ONLY insure home inspectors. Is there someone out there who will cover my employee? Do I need to get a separate policy for my employee?
    Not to speak for Ben; I have an independent umbrella type GL policy that would cover an employee of mine if they break something. My E&O also provides a limited GL type coverage that I think is only in effect during the inspection. I'm not really sure on what it does because I do not even think about it due to my additional coverage I have.

I would look into an independent GL policy, they really do not cost all that much. I think I pay around $400 a year for $2M. I also need this type of coverage for some of the commercial work and for the work with banks that I do.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Under the FREA policy, as well as ANY GL policy sold by any of the respected providers, you're not likely to get coverage for an assistant who is carrying your ladder or other miscellaneous duties.

I think what Scott is doing is probably your best bet.

Ben

Hi Trent and others- this is David Brauner at OREP and we hope to see you back!

Our new E&O program includes most coverages in the minimum premium, including BIPD/Premises Coverage. Minimum premium is $1,250 for $100k/$300k (aggregate) limit. It's Admitted, so no taxes or policy fee. To our current insureds, you will enjoy these lower rates and broader coverage at renewal!

If you go to OREP and click "home inspectors" you'll find our SelfRating application with the prices right on it.