mathew stouffer Guest

Default Hose bib supply lines

Do you report when supply lines for hose bib are up stream of the PRV.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Hose bib supply lines

Yes they are to be installed for the Whole House Water Distribution System.
    *hose bibs are part of that System.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

mathew stouffer Guest

Thats my stance

What was the pressure at the hose bib outside? If it was below 80, I wouldn't mention it as a defect.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    What was the pressure at the hose bib outside? If it was below 80, I wouldn't mention it as a defect.
    I concur. If it were my place I would prefer that the hose bibbs were upstream from the PRV, even if the pressure were higher.

Ultimately I would say it is a municipality issue, whether they have ordinances in place to prevent it.

Last edited by Rod Butler; 02-22-2012 at 09:54 AM.

I usually don't comment if a hose faucet is piped before the PRV.
    I also don't comment when sprinklers are installed before the PRV. Of course, I disclaim sprinkler systems anyway.

Jim,

OP is in Park City : Water Code

Section 13. 1-21 is an Interesting read as is 13.1-18.

My take is the Municipality would frown on unrestricted Water Flow Hose Bibs.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

That's possible. I skimmed it and didn't see any mention of PRV. Did you see it in there somewhere? I don't see what difference it would make, as you could waste just as much water with a PRV by just using it for a longer period of time.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

That's possible. I skimmed it and didn't see any mention of PRV. Did you see it in there somewhere? I don't see what difference it would make, as you could waste just as much water with a PRV by just using it for a longer period of time.
    The main reason for a PRV is not to restrict flow, but to restrict pressure. The lower pressures help extend the life of valves and faucets.

But for outdoor sprinklers (as opposed to indoor sprinklers ??) I would want high pressure just so I could get the reach for doing non-evironmentally things like spraying off the driveway and washing the house. Oh, and the long reach for irrigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Butler View Post
    The main reason for a PRV is not to restrict flow, but to restrict pressure. The lower pressures help extend the life of valves and faucets.

But for outdoor sprinklers (as opposed to indoor sprinklers ??) I would want high pressure just so I could get the reach for doing non-evironmentally things like spraying off the driveway and washing the house. Oh, and the long reach for irrigation.
    13- 1-18. LEAKING PIPES OR FIXTURES

If at any time, the City Manager or his/her designee shall ascertain that the plumbing fixtures, appliances, sprinkler systems or service lines on any premises are leaking or otherwise wasting water, he/she shall immediately give notice to the property owner to repair the same. If the same is not repaired within forty-eight (48) hours after notice has been given, the Water Manager or his/her agent shall shut off the water from the premises and shall immediately notify the City Fire Marshal.

Notice for the purposes of this section shall consist of any of the following:

(A) Posting notice on the premises;

(B) Leaving notice with any occupant or employee on the premises over the age of eighteen (18) years;

(C) Mailing notice by regular mail, to the owner or responsible party according to the records of the Water Department. Notice shall be deemed received three (3) days after such mailed notice is sent.
    This Town has Very Restrictive Water Usage Ordinances.

Personal Preferences, Different Parts of the Country, would vary.

Here if you are deemed to be wasting water or do not address a water leak within 48 hours they Cut Your Water Off.
    * PRV Installation Instructions Do Not Exclude Hose Bibs.