Jack G Guest

Default Hello From A New Guy

Hi everyone, I ran across this site while researching a potential job offer. I'm a retired firefighter and I also have 10 years of real estate appraisal experience. I'm hoping to land a job making some money to supplement my retirement check. The hoops I'd have to jump through to transfer my appraiser certification to AZ are ridiculous. Anyhoo...I'll sit in the back for awhile until I get a bit more comfy. Cheers! Jack G

OREP Insurance

Default Re: Hello From A New Guy

Welcome Jack,

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack G View Post
    I ran across this site while researching a potential job offer.
    what was the job offer?

Welcome from another retired firefighter. This is a great place to acquire more knowledge in the inspection field.

Galen L. Beasley
    Inspections Supervisor
    Housing Authority of Kansas City MO

Jack G Guest

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Joseph, the job offer was from Mueller as a field inspector. I've had my eye on this line of work for some time. The premise seems pretty appealing, but I'm still a bit suspect. I remember getting a request from a firm a few years back looking for people to go to sites where there had been natural disasters as in New Orleans, etc. I lost that contact since then and just buried myself in appraisal work. The appraisal business was good, I just didn't like paying taxes, E & O, Unemployment Insurance, software support....Then maybe a little something for myself. Relocated to the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix) and now I'm looking for work, along with about a million other old guys just like me. I may jump in all the way and become a real home inspector. Oh and Galen, Good to know I'm not the only old "Jake" out here!