Default DFW inspectors (Fox and Jacobs 1970's homes)

I have seen many of these sets of multiple water shut off valves when inspecting old Fox & Jacobs slab tract homes from the 1970's, of which thousands were built. All of these homes that I can remember seeing have at least 4 water "shut-off" valves. Anyone know what in addition to the main valve, what the others do? I do not attempt to operate these valves due to age. See photos.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: DFW inspectors (Fox and Jacobs 1970's homes)

If there is one valve box between two homes, which is common, then one valve is the main service shut off valve and one may be for a sprinkler system?

Down here, when that is done, two meters are installed for each house - one for the house and one for the sprinkler system.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Hi Jerry, thanks. I forgot to mention there was no sprinkler system or signs one had ever existed.

I think that's a zoned shut off, all off one manifold. The master, or if you don't want to shut it all off, one for the bath, one for the kitchen, one for the laundry/garage. (Or similar distribution)