Default Stabilizer Foundation Repair

Here is a link to the pictures of my foundation repair. Even though it wasn't affecting the interior such as windows doors or cracking in walls it was time for me to get it fixed for piece of mind.
    KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

Default Re: Stabilizer Foundation Repair

Hey Mike,

Did they stabilize just the one side or all of the foundation? How many piers did they drive in, and how deep did they have to go before they reached solid bedrock or firm soil?

It looks like they drive the pier, cut it with a bandsaw, and then jack the foundation against the pier? Do they raise them one at a time, a few at a time, or what?

Is your area known for foundation issues?

Dom.

Default Re: Stabilizer Foundation Repair

Hey Dom this is the company that did mine. Foundation Repair in North Carolina - Helical Piling System - Basement Cracks - Atlantic Foundation.

There where three across the front and three along the side. We have clay soil and something failed when the home was first built in 71. It has been that way since then. No inside issues.
    They screw 7' sections of pipe at a time until they reach I think 2000 psi or 2500psi (I forget) by the gauge on there hydraulics. On the side of my home they went 28' and along the front they went 50'. Once they get there bearing they hacksaw the pipe off. Put the adjustable shelf bracket and jack the sections up till the cracks close. They then tighten down the "all" thread bolts and remove the jacks.

What threw me though is they could of used a bigger auger end for it seems the wider the blade the more soil bearing and less length would be needed. They charge by the foot after three sections (21').

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com