Unhappy InspectVue from Poter valley

Love the software until the merger. many un-necessary changes have occurred with the software. feature that were outstanding were removed when rev5 was released. Also they keep promising fixes the never come. As far as support, don t hold your breath. I m very sad that Loren sold the company to this people.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Fidel Gonzales; 03-09-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: InspectVue from Poter valley

I believe there is some volatility and grumbling out there in the world of inspection software. It's not just about this company, but as other software companies struggle to remain innovative and profitable at the same time.

I've been using Inspectvue for several years. True, there have been some rough times. However, the technical support now is pretty good.
    Not sure why fidel decided to trash a software company.

I have tried a couple others, some that say they will transfer my IV libraries, and have not seen anything out there that is so much better I am willing to make the change, AND incur the expense. I have invested several years learning and tweaking the software to where I am comfortable using it. I just really hate to think about going thru the learning curve again, AND the cost of buying new software.

If Inspectvue ever goes under, and my software quits working, then I might make a change, but I just don't see the point now.

I moved to HI pro. Pretty nice stuff and the cool thing is , if you have a question Dominic will always get back to you. And, he actually listens and makes changes based on his users needs/requests. A++

Did you not like the Homegauge you had? You were trying to sell one a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    I moved to HI pro. Pretty nice stuff and the cool thing is , if you have a question Dominic will always get back to you. And, he actually listens and makes changes based on his users needs/requests. A++
    I agree! I just finished my 4th report on HIP and I'm a very happy camper. In fact I had a couple of questions, I sent Dominic an email and had a reply with in a few minutes! That would not have happened with my old software(3D).

I have found that the learning curve has not been all that bad and that it is actually easier to learn as I type a report. I also tweak the template as I type the report.

Another aspect I like with HIP is that you can share a template with other users with ease. Fellow "Hippies" are more than willing to share!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com