Default Home inspection software

Hi Guys,
    I am new to the profession. I am aware that there are a few reporting software packages that are currently used by inspectors. However, I do not know how to compare or which may be best. Can anyone make some suggestions?

Thanks, Mike.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

charles dickson Guest

Default Re: Home inspection software

My name is charles dickson. I have recently become likcenses in texas. I would also like advice for inspection report software.

thanks

Just do a search of old post to find information about reporting software. This question is asked several times a month if not more. It had been answered more times than I care to even think about.....

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by michael Rodney View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I am new to the profession. I am aware that there are a few reporting software packages that are currently used by inspectors. However, I do not know how to compare or which may be best. Can anyone make some suggestions?

Thanks, Mike.
    Hi Mike...Its always a question of what works best for you. I use MS word 1997 it works for me. WYSIWYG 1] is an acronym for what you see is what you get. The term is used in computing to describe a system in which content (text and graphics) displayed ... I can see the report as I'm building it and i can go back and make correction on the fly. I can make Photos the size of a full page and overlap photos one on top of another. You may want to look at Inspector Pro. very goog program with lits of support from Dominic... Very nice guy...

Best

Ron Bibler
    Excellence Exterminating Co
    Termite Inspection | Pest Control | Fumigation | California - Santa Rosa - Sonoma County
    Santa Rosa California Home Inspection - Exterminating & Thermal Imaging
    ron@santarosapestcontrol.com
    Hoen Ave Santa Rosa Ca.
    Excellence Exterminating Co. - YouTube
    707-570-2000

James Wood Guest

My research when I was looking for inspection software led me to Home Inspector Pro. I wanted ease of use, versatile and one I didn't have to spend a long time setting up. HIP right out of the box is working for me. Support is excellent and they listen to their users, making upgrades promptly. I don't think Dominic ever sleeps. I can make changes on the fly and make my reports very custom to each inspection. That is my 2 cents.

J. A. Wood Const, Inc. Home Inspection Service | Home Inspections in Visalia, Tulare, Hanford, Exeter, Kingsburg and Fresno Areas. California

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

I use HomeGauge. In my opinion it's the best HI software on the market. They are getting ready to release a new version 5 any day now. HomeGauge has features and advancements that no other software on the market has. It will also be android compatible with this new release coming out. I would suggest downloading and trying the demo. Like all software programs you have to tweak it to your liking, nothing is quite ready to use right out of the box.

HomeGauge has a great users forum and top notch technical support, this is very important when you're learning the software and setting things up.

Whisper Solutions for me. BUT: like Scott Paterson said elsewhere - wait until you have a few inspections under your belt before doing reports on-site

I use 3D and have been for 10 years. Many of these programs offer demo versions. Try-em out and see what works for you.

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

I like Inspectit by AHIT, but there customer service and customer response SUCKS!

Also using Horizon, but I am not happy with it and most likely will not continue using it once my credits run out.

Don't know whether you took a look at this link.
    http://www.inspectionnews.net/home-i...-software.html

Last edited by Raymond Wand; 03-15-2012 at 07:25 PM.

I like Inspectit by AHIT, but there customer service and customer response SUCKS!
    AHIT's founders, the Newcomers, sold AHIT in September.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    AHIT's founders, the Newcomers, sold AHIT in September.
    And I was told that AHIT no longer sells the INSPCECTIT program for PC. Seems that they have focused on the versions for Ipad and Android only now.

Alton Darty
    ATN Services, LLC
    www.arinspections.com

PalmTech
    Been using it for years. Excellent support! I believe there is a link on this site to it.

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the feedback didn't know about AHIT ditching their pc version.

I tried the iPad version. Not impressed.

Again going back to the terrible service at AHIT, why wouldn't they inform their clients of the discontinuation of their pc version? Arrrrrgh....

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Thanks for the feedback didn't know about AHIT ditching their pc version.

I tried the iPad version. Not impressed.

Again going back to the terrible service at AHIT, why wouldn't they inform their clients of the discontinuation of their pc version? Arrrrrgh....
    I tried out the Android version on my phone and borrowed a tablet to try also, I was not impressed either.
    Typical of AHITs software division, customer service has not been their strong point overall. At one point service was bad, then it got better for a year or so, then declined over time. I am in the process of demoing other software packages. I am hoping that I can settle on one before the next issue with InspectIt.

Alton Darty
    ATN Services, LLC
    www.arinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by James Wood View Post
    My research when I was looking for inspection software led me to Home Inspector Pro. I wanted ease of use, versatile and one I didn't have to spend a long time setting up. HIP right out of the box is working for me. Support is excellent and they listen to their users, making upgrades promptly. I don't think Dominic ever sleeps. I can make changes on the fly and make my reports very custom to each inspection. That is my 2 cents.

J. A. Wood Const, Inc. Home Inspection Service | Home Inspections in Visalia, Tulare, Hanford, Exeter, Kingsburg and Fresno Areas. California
    Thanks James! Sleep is overrated

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!