Default PA Home Inspector Arrested For Theft

Ex-home inspector charged with theft

August 30, 2007

MANSFIELD — A former employee of a home inspection business based in the township was charged Tuesday with stealing approximately $12,000 in payments due his company, police said.

(The inspector), 37, of Chicopee, Mass., was charged with theft of funds intended for his former employer, Eastern Home Inspections of New Jersey, police said.

Investigators said (the inspector) collected payments for home inspections he performed for the company from June 2006 to July of this year and then deposited the funds into his own personal account to pay off debt. He was fired in June after the practice was discovered.

Mansfield Detective Brian J. Gerber investigated and filed criminal charges against (the inspector) on Tuesday. (The inspector) was then arrested and lodged in Burlington County Jail in Mount Holly on $1,000 bail, police said.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Bruce Breedlove; 08-30-2007 at 01:06 PM.
    Inspection Referral
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Default Re: PA Home Inspector Arrested For Theft

Strange. He's from MA. His former employer is in NJ. But he's a "PA" home inspector? Not that I'm, as a PA home inspector, being defensive or anything.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

John,

The article was from a Philly newspaper web site and there is a Mansfield in PA. I assumed he was a PA inspector. If there is a Mansfield in NJ and he is a NJ inspector . . . my bad.

Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

It is confusing, ain't it. But the article says its from the Burlington (NJ) County Times, and yes, there is a Mansfield in NJ.
    Hey, I'm still on vacation, writing from the Jamestown, RI library and keeping track of the Phillies-Mets game online. Obviously I have too much time on my hands.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Too bad you weren't able to catch the game on TV John. It was a hair-raising win.

David Banks Guest

John check out Block Island. I think one hour ferry. Great day trip or more.
    Newport is nice for a day.

Mansfield, MA also.

John,

I was just reading the Official Rules of Major League Baseball. It says:

Rule 6.05 (m)

A batter is out when a preceding runner shall, in the umpire's judgment, intentionally interfere with a fielder who is attempting to catch a thrown ball or to throw a ball in an attempt to complete any play.

How often do you see that rule enforced?

(Answer: More often than you think. Especially when C.B. Bucknor is umpiring 2nd Base. 8/29/07 Phillies-Mets. 5/25/04 Tigers-Royals. Both interference calls were game-ending calls. Weird, huh?)

Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

Not a PA Inspector.

Mansfield is in Burlington County, New Jersey.