Thread: Radio Show

Jeff Eastman Guest

Default Radio Show

Last edited by Jeff Eastman; 11-27-2007 at 08:22 PM.
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Radio Show

Jeff,

Just did an interview last week for a local mag article that will be published in Oct.

I'd explain that we are generalist and defer to experts when repairs are required and that we don't attempt any repairs during the inspection, no matter who asks.

Some of the shows have scripted questions available before the interview. Ask if this is so in your case.
    Any minutes of dead air because of mental gridlock from nerves does not make an entertaining program.

You may want approach them about scrpiting some yourself.

Relax and be yourself there will be hundreds or thousands of potential clients, but you are only talking to one the interviewer.

Oh yeah remember to breath and if it gets really bad try Prozac.

badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

Quote Originally Posted by BARRY ADAIR View Post
    I'd explain that we are generalist and defer to experts when repairs are required ...
    "recommend"

Most of us do not "defer" to those unknowing knuckleheads, if we did, we would never write up anything, as we would "defer" (and "infer") to their superior knowledge (their "knowledge" "may be" "superior", but their actions and installations are not)... but we are not "deferring", we are "recommending" repairs and replacements be by those knuckleheads, and which *we know* will create future problems for us to write up the next time.

I'd also be careful of trying to be all encompassing as the generalist, you don't want to be put in the position of having to say "I don't know" very often, least you come off as 'not knowing anything' you are asked.

If you are good, knowledgeable, quick thinking, and outgoing, it will all show and be a positive experience and have a positive impact for you.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jeff,

The free publicity would be great.

I wouldn't get into being a spokesman on "How to Fix-It" type program.

I would explain the home inspection process and the importance of doing a inspection. Talk about the common things you see on a home inspection and maybe what a seller could do to make a HI on his home go easier during the selling process.

Expect those calls from people complaining of what their inspector missed. Do not talk about how bad or what other inspectors miss or what they do, it will only make this industry look bad.

Just a few thoughts..

Rick