Bruce Malden Guest

Default Home Inspection Video Camera

I am currently using a head strapped video survey camera during home inspections. I am saving video to an SD Card for later review on my computer. This helps me in case I forget or overlook items which may be important. I like it as it is very lightweight and easy to run.

Some customers have asked for video; I would like to slim the video. What would be the preferred video service (youtube) or any other?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Home Inspection Video Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Malden View Post
    I am currently using a head strapped video survey camera during home inspections. I am saving video to an SD Card for later review on my computer. This helps me in case I forget or overlook items which may be important. I like it as it is very lightweight and easy to run.

Some customers have asked for video; I would like to slim the video. What would be the preferred video service (youtube) or any other?
    Been trying to avoid video anymore than needed.
    Reports take far longer with video so I try to use it only for remote roof inspection when walking it is not possible.

Other times may be for a fast walkthrough to remember layout.

Very few want to sit and watch video reports.

Simply use Movie Maker for edit however I hope you are not posting reports on Public You Tube.

Most videos I have ever seen that cover home inspection work make me seasick! The constent movement of the camera and the muffeled sound is not what I think my clients would want to see.

I have used a small video camera on a few litigation cases when we have a bunch of folks at a home or building and I wanted to limit my note taking. Works great for that type of enviroment.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Bruce Malden Guest

I have had the same issue at time but it has proven invaluable as I have overlooked items and it has saved me from mistakes. Plus the survey camera i am using (adrenaline systems) is light and I even forget I'm wearing it: Camera

Should be fun when a lawyer for the buyer finds out you video taped the home inspection and now wants a copy because the buyer is suing you claiming you missed something.

Bruce Malden Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Steger View Post
    Should be fun when a lawyer for the buyer finds out you video taped the home inspection and now wants a copy because the buyer is suing you claiming you missed something.
    I only use the video for personal use and erase them once the inspection is done...It has saved me a LOT of headaches with stuff I missed in the last couple of years.