Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default You Know Work Is Busy When.......

.....you get a last minute cancellation with less than 12 hours notice and you are not upset or annoyed. Ahhhhh.....sleep.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Terry Griffin Guest

Default Re: You Know Work Is Busy When.......

That is annoying. Even worse, in the middle of an inspection the Realtor calls you and says the deal fell through and the customer does'nt need the inspection anymore.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

I do have to say that I'm annoyed this morning in regard to this cancellation but for a different reason. A couple weeks ago, the buyer's realtor contacted me to set schedule the inspection but he didn't have an agreement of sale in place. I said no agreement, no inspections will be scheduled to avoid last minute cancels which leave me with nothing. Then the realtor got back to me a week ago to say there is an agreement but that the buyer knows an inspector whom he wants to use. I told him the buyer should be allowed to make that decision and I would schedule something if the other inspector could not prove he was licensed for Philadelphia and insured. He told me a day or so later the agreement was in place and that we should schedule it. Okay. Schedule the inspection for today at 10am with a termite inspection. I send the termite order to my sub, they contact the realtor to confirm access to the house, and the realtor says they need to rush to get it done so they manage to squeeze the termite inspection in yesterday. Last night the realtor says the buyer backed out. Hmmmmm.....how does that happen if an agreement is in place? I confirmed with buyer this morning that there never was an agreement of sale despite what I told the realtor about needing this for me to schedule anything. And the buyer said he wanted to use his own inspector too which is his right. At least he agreed to pay for the termite inspection.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Frank Adame Guest

Last week two buyers who were both pastors tried to cancel their inspections half an hour before the start of both and both were on the same day. What are the odds.

One of them was weather related because of the recent tornadoes in this area. The inspection was far south so all I got was rain. He still managed to get their and everything turned out ok.

The other was a mess. This pastor was such a gentle but clueless soul. He said his "financial advisor" was in full control of everything and he had found someone cheaper and was insisting on using his inspector. I reminded him that he had scheduled this inspection five days ago. To cancel this inspection half an hour before the start was just wrong. Half way through the conversation, I had arrived at the address. We went back and forth and I finally had to lay down the law but with a twist. I told him to review my cancellation policy about having to pay full price. But I told him he should hand the bill over to his "financial advisor" since it was him who was actually cancelling the inspection. A few minutes later the pastor said to go ahead but that his "advisor" said he would pay me later. I said no to that. He finally agreed to pay me at the time of the inspection.

After this I made calls to people who knew him; an investor, a Realtor, a lender and a former employee of his. They all knew this man was just a type of "facilitor" for people who are having a hard time getting a house the conventional way. From experience, they all concluded this man is someone who makes promises, takes the money and usually does not deliver anything. And all of his connections are in his pocket, including his inspector. That last info was from his former employee.

Nick, I enter every agent I come across into the computer with notes and experiences that I have with them. Having a crummy memory, this has helped me when I encounter them down the road.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Ted Menelly Guest

Hmmm. Well, let me just say

Ohhh never mind