Thread: Fax by email

Default Fax by email

I send and recieve faxes maybe 2 times a month, to do this I am paying $10.00 a month extra on the house line.

I got an email about getting rid of my fax machine and using the internet to send faxes for $10 PM for up to 200 pages.
    If something like this works the same as a fax machine I can get rid of the
    $ 50 PM house landline altogether. It looks like the only thing I need to do is change my fax #..

Does any body use something like this, and if you do how does it work?
    Maybe I should slightly reword / add to my question. Is this something an old guy that is challenged with new computer technology do with out any problems??

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Dan Harris; 04-14-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    OREP Insurance
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Default Re: Fax by email

Several years ago I used efax.
    I id not like it at all
    Dropped it in favor of a shared fax line. ( 2 numbers 1 phone line)
    This worked good but I decided I did not need my office phone line so I dropped both. Use cell phone and email only, no faxes

Recently I got a Magic Jack. $40 purchase, $20 a year.
    Plugs into a USB port.
    So far it seems to work good.
    Time will tell

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

I use My Fax, and it works flawlessly. Any incoming faxes go to whatever email(s) you choose. They show up as PDF files.

MyFax Online Fax Service | Send and Receive Fax Online

I use "ringcentral" and it's been flawless for the last couple years. I get an email with the fax as a PDF the instant it comes in. I think it's around $70 a year and I use about .001% of the # of pages I'm allowed.

The real beauty is getting the faxes to your smartphone or from a computer when you're out of the office. When people send contracts back you know about it instantly instead of when you get back home or to the office.

It also works as a great scanner. I regularly fax things to myself to turn them into a PDF and email them off or save them. I've never wanted to give up the desk space for a full scanner or mess around with another piece of equipment.

I've got a Wireless All In One Printer, Fax , Scanner , Answering Machine that discerns the incoming call . If it's a Fax it receives , Voice call it rings through.

Phone, Fax, DSL all on the same line.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

I use 101fax.com

I receive on my computer with the regular land line. I can send the same way. The very rare time I need my own signature, I scan and email back. At some point I'll ditch my land line entirely, and then I'll only be able to scan and email, but so far nobody has had a problem with that setup.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

I haven't faxed in five years.

Fax?
    Is that some ancient devise?

I use myfax. I have been doing so for the past 5 years I have been in business. It works great & is only $10 a month.

Faxes, like land lines, are s-o-o-o-o 20th Century. Very Quaint.

Texas Inspector
    http://www.texasinspector.com
    What the plainspoken man lacks in subtlety, he makes up in clarity.

Texas Inspector
    http://www.texasinspector.com
    What the plainspoken man lacks in subtlety, he makes up in clarity.

I use a free scanner program for my Iphone. Take a picture of the document and immediatly email as a PDF or JPEG file.
    No more faxing single pages. Multiple pages, not sure because I email the reports also.

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

Good to see you back Aaron

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

Dan,
    You should be able to get a cheep phone/fax machine that will recognize an incoming call as a fax and take over the line.

With the advent most going to email and attachments and away from conventional fax communication. Though I do find banks use a lot of faxing for document transitions.

10 yrs ago I started using a cheap Brothers phone/fax machine jacked into main phone line. It can recognize the incoming call. Quality if fair. Not great for detailed thin lined drawings, gets a little fuzzy. I manually rewind the printer tape to get more distance out of it. Tend to send more than I receive.

Wasn't it Srg. Friday? "Fax and only the fax mam."

Rick,
    Make a post on your use of the Magic Jack some time in the future on how it works for you. Keep looking at it as a cheap and portable phone line. Looks to easy to work well and reliable. Always like knowing a Guenna Pig.