Default Commercial inspection questionnaire???

Hi all,
    I am fairly new to the commercial inspection scene and am looking for a good questionnaire to give the current property manager, owner etc as part of the property research. Does anyone have one that they are willing to share?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Commercial inspection questionnaire???

Hmmm ... never even thought about putting a questionaire together.
    I guess that might not be a bad idea, just sound like more work though.
    Are doing the inspection for general maintenance concern review, capitol improvement budgeting or purchase.
    If purchase always talk with any tenants as much as possible. They always like to complain. You can get some really good info.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

I took the commercial inspection course through InterNachi. It talks about using the questionnaire as part of the research but gave no example. The inspection I have scheduled is for purchase. The building is being leased by a medical facility. I was hoping some of you other commercial inspectors might have a questionnaire that I could review, change and make my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anglin View Post
    I took the commercial inspection course through InterNachi. It talks about using the questionnaire as part of the research but gave no example. The inspection I have scheduled is for purchase. The building is being leased by a medical facility. I was hoping some of you other commercial inspectors might have a questionnaire that I could review, change and make my own.
    The first thing you should do is to ask your client what they want inspected or have a concern with. Spell out the scope of the inspection before you do it and then nobody will be disappointed at the end. I don't know anything about the Inotchi course but it should have taught this aspect of commercial inspections.

Commercial inspections are not the same as a residential inspection, you are not dealing with any emotions(most of the time). The buyers just want to know the overall condition of what they are buying and deferred maintenance items. Commercial inspections are so much simpler than residential inspections!

Good luck.....

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Still not understanding what the questionaire is supposed to be for.
    If you are new to Comm insp I would suggest you read through the past posts on the topic. There is a lot of good info in those posts.
    As Scott mentioned, they are different, easier and in some ways a bit harder than standard HI.
    Are you planning on doing a PCR based on 2018 or were you planning on using a modified HI report. If you don't have a copy of 2018, I suggest you go to the ASTM website and order one. You can buy a download and/or hardcopy. Doesn't cost that much, can't remember how much though. At least that way you'll be using an accepted standard. Also make sure you modify your contract to include some of the typical exclusions for Comm; elevators, etc.
    Its all about meeting client expectations and providing a report with information that they need. Typically they care about overall building conditions, potential immediate, short term and long term capitol improvement costs post-purchase and immediate liabilities.
    For a medical place, I would pay special attention to ductwork, RTU's, make-up air, return air vents and drainage conditions. This would probably all be the lessee's responsibility, nonetheless pay attention to conditions.
    If medical say for older folks, pay attention to stairs and all types of guardrails.
    Hope that helps.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Here you go, you may have to retype it up, but I have found this to be a great help.

Have at it fellas... I am in a giving mood.

Attached Files Attached Files

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI