Default Who knows something about this panel

Gentlemen,

Inspected a 1968 home with a type of main panel box I have never before seen. The breaker design was foreign to me. Anyone have any past experience with this design? Like, how to reset a breaker? How reliable is it at this age, ect. Thanks in advance.[ATTACH]25405

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Robert Meier Guest

Default Re: Who knows something about this panel

Looks like a Bulldog Pushmatic panel with a fused main. The center of the CB is pushed into cycle it on and off.

Garry Blankenship Guest

What Robert said. That upper assembly is the main disconnect. You cannot switch or tirn it on/off. The handle on that upper assembly is there to pull it completely, ( physically ), out; fuses & all. If you do that, the panel is dead / disconnected.

If it's 1968 vintage then it would be a ITE Pushmatic panel, if one were to pull out the 200A pullout, it prob. is stamped "ITE Circuit Breaker Company, Walker Div".

Pushmatic was the only residential bolt-on type breaker panel, other then old & obsolete nothing wrong w/ them, not like a Zinsco of the same era where it was crap when it was still in the box on the distributors shelf.

It's a pushmatic but a clear picture of the label certainly would have helped identify it as ITE or Bulldog.

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Thank you all for the information. It is an ITE, Walker out of Atlanta, I do recall seeing that on the labeling.

Pushmatics were considered some of the best residential breakers going, in their day.

About the only issues I see these days is failure to reset. Sometimes breakers when turned off or tripped can be very difficult to press back in.
    I have not seen any issues with failure to trip like many older FPE breakers.