Default ANYONE NEED HELP?? Home Inspector ASHI/NAHI 35 years old looking for work

Hello-

I am a ASHI and Nahi certified inspector looking for work in the New Jersey/PA area. I have done around 400 inspections with a large franchise Home Inspection Company but parted ways due to lack of work and management issues. I am also certified to do Radon Testing and Mitigation , Septic Inspections, and termite inspections.

If anyone could use part-time or full-time help please let me know!!

I am 35 years old and have my own tools and vehicle. I have an easygoing personality and really enjoy the work.

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

mathew stouffer Guest

Default Re: ANYONE NEED HELP?? Home Inspector ASHI/NAHI 35 years old looking for work

If you move to Utah let me know

Default Re: ANYONE NEED HELP?? Home Inspector ASHI/NAHI 35 years old looking for work

Quote Originally Posted by D Konow View Post
    Hello-

I am a ASHI and Nahi certified inspector looking for work in the New Jersey/PA area. I have done around 400 inspections with a large franchise Home Inspection Company but parted ways due to lack of work and management issues. I am also certified to do Radon Testing and Mitigation , Septic Inspections, and termite inspections.

If anyone could use part-time or full-time help please let me know!!

I am 35 years old and have my own tools and vehicle. I have an easygoing personality and really enjoy the work.

Thanks
    Start your own business! Why in the world would you want to work for somebody when you have the skills, knowledge and tools to do the job on your own. Did you know that about 90% of the home inspectors in the country are solo inspectors that own their own business!

Go get a business license, the insurance, a website and some business cards and hang that shingle!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Scott, Great point...I currently have a non-compete agreement that does not allow me to open my own company in pa. I figured I would try to work for someone until it expires in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Start your own business! Why in the world would you want to work for somebody when you have the skills, knowledge and tools to do the job on your own. Did you know that about 90% of the home inspectors in the country are solo inspectors that own their own business!

Go get a business license, the insurance, a website and some business cards and hang that shingle!
    Because not everybody wants to wear multiple hats while operating a business and assuming all of the risk.

David - Fill out your profile info on the ASHI website - you're missing out on free advertising and work potentials. The Society website has several tools to help you get exposure but you have to spend a little time filling out your info before it can be of help to you. Did I say that it's free?

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Spinnler View Post
    Because not everybody wants to wear multiple hats while operating a business and assuming all of the risk.
    True, but then you never really get anywhere in life if you don't step out of your comfort zone and try.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I don't have personal experience in the "non-compete" arena, but in idle conversation w/my attorney one day, he advised that they're virtually unenforceable in PA. Maybe it would be worthwhile to check w/your attorney.

"the relentless pursuit of perfection"

Especially a non-compete for a year or two!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    True, but then you never really get anywhere in life if you don't step out of your comfort zone and try.
    True. I am glad I took a chance and broke free from the corporate world back then.

I'm surprised anybody would get into this line of work intending to work for somebody else, it never crossed my mind.
    Best of luck!