Joseph L. Swigart Guest

Default A fire inspector look at my rented home after a fire .

He was a class 2 fire inspector he stated in his fire report that appeared that the fire started at a wall socket that was not wired correctly. The county attorney. says that that means he is doubted that that is where the fire started. does a fire inspector state anything differently?

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Garry Blankenship Guest

Default Re: A fire inspector look at my rented home after a fire .

Electricity is a mystery to many people and that ignorance is why it is unfairly blamed for many fires. The "inspector" would have to say more than you shared to really say anything. First; what constitutes improperly wired ? Second; how did this improper wiring create a fire ? Third; what evidence leads to that spot as the point of origin ? Not enough info.

Joseph L. Swigart Guest

well he could not find a box it was wired to and it was wrong wiring.

I have been a firefighter for 38 years and the ongoing joke in the fire service is that that fire marshals will always fallback to electrical as the cause when they have to come up with a cause. Investigators should be able to identify the location of the fire origin and identify likely sources. With additional resources they should be able to do some forensics and come up with a cause.

A quick google shows that the NFPA has this list for fire inspector NFPA :: Training :: Certification programs :: Certified Fire Inspector I (CFI)

I don't see any qualifications that would suggest this person should be doing investigations.

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956