Default Report Software Poll

For those that are interested I am taking a poll on what type of software people are using and how happy they are with it.

I would like to see replies list brand of software and a rate it on a scale of 1-10. Feel free add a few additional comments if you like, such as top features you would like to see in a software program.

I have been inspecting homes since 2006 and have not really found any software that's all that great.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Jeffrey L. Mathis Guest

Default Re: Report Software Poll

everyone that has one loves theirs.
    Mine is PalmTech. Probably just comfortable with it. Don't want to hike the learning curve again. Plus it's rare that I call with a concern and don't get a prompt answer.

Jlmathis

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Whisper Reporter by Whisper Computer Solutions

A very customizable application where you can create/modify your own template as you see fit.

Works well with a tablet on-site if you are so inclined.

I've been using Whisper Computer Solutions products for 10 years.

Just because they are based in San Antonio and also have the required Texas TREC template ... don't think for a moment that is all they do.

They are also an advertiser here on IN.

WhisperReporter

Eric Russell Guest

I'm a Homegauge user and have been since 2009. They're always bettering the software and have recently introduced a mobile app for smartphones which has really shaved serious time off my reports. They also have available a server to upload reports to and these link to my website so the customer goes there to get the report, increasing my web traffic and getting exposure for marketing purposes. I've used AHIT Inspectit and 3D, but HG has really made it hard to even think about something else. On a scale of 1-10...9.

Talking Re: Report Software Poll

Whisper (PI) since 2003. Support is fantastic. I would rate it at 9.9 out of 10. Important disclaimer: I'm half Norwegian and change doesn't come easy.

MS Word document that we wrote "in-house" - I love it but there is a pretty BIG learning curve. But I imagine that's the case with any software. I'd give it a solid 9.

I now use Home Inspector Pro (HIP) after being with 3D for around 15 years (used it when it was in DOS) I made the switch a couple of months ago and I wish I had done it sooner.

HIP is so easy to make it the way you want it. Also a great community of users that share templates just to help others. It is priced well and the customer service is the best I have seen in the home inspector software marketplace.

I gave them all a test drive and settled on HIP.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Inspectit report software and
    Carson Dunlop Horizon - Home Inspection Reporting | Carson Dunlop

I was tired of fighting with my Inspectit program,so after a couple weeks of trying out different programs, just today I settled with HomeGauge. I like how customizable it is on the desktop and I like the fact I can plug in my tablet and transfer the report over without having to send it to the clouds.

I use Palm Tech. Easily customized to my needs. Great preinstalled library of comments. My agents often tell me its the easiest format they have ever read. Clients often comment that it was the easiest report they have ever read as well. Easy = not to be confussed with simple or sparse. This program has it all. Its compatible with iphone and pocket pc as well.

Been using Palm Tech since 05. Customer service is very fast

Homegauge, worth every penny

Quote Originally Posted by wayne soper View Post
    Homegauge, worth every penny
    3D for the past 11 years. I had to upgrade 4-5 years ago, for $500. because the origional program would not work on the new windows program.

I was going to upgrade when I bought a new computer a few months ago, until I found out it was going to cost me $700.
    Instead of upgrading now, or being forced to, if a new operating system will require me to upgrade latter I bought an extra computer for $399..
    I figure I'm good for another 7-8 years..
    By that time I'll be hanging out on the beach, sleeping in a tepee in the desert, or maybe hanging at a old folks home.

The top feature that I like about 3D, and could not verify if other programs have. The ability to require an item.
    IE: If I determine an item is required I can set it as a required item and the report wont print until I enter something on the line.

I see a lot of posts with complaints about customer service with other programs. I don't recall ever having a problem with the program that I could not figure out on my own, or from their web Q&A and never had to contact them..

Last edited by Dan Harris; 04-27-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Stephen Couchman Guest

I use InspectIt from AHIT works well for me and their support team are great if you run into a problem

I use HomeGauge and I also subcribe to HomeGauge Services, now using the Android app. Happy with it even if it is among the most expensive. Customer Service has always been A+ when answering my stupid questions

Garry Blankenship Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I now use Home Inspector Pro (HIP) after being with 3D for around 15 years (used it when it was in DOS) I made the switch a couple of months ago and I wish I had done it sooner.

HIP is so easy to make it the way you want it. Also a great community of users that share templates just to help others. It is priced well and the customer service is the best I have seen in the home inspector software marketplace.

I gave them all a test drive and settled on HIP.
    I'm not experienced like Scott, but moved from Inspect It to HIP. I'm techno challenged, but I found Inspect It was anything but intuitive, lacking in support and always costing $. HIP is better in all those aspects. I've heard positive comments for Palm Tech and most others. 3D is popular, but I see lots of associated questions & network like support constantly associated w/ it. Good luck.

In the last two months I moved from Inspectit to HIP. Like others I want to kick myself for not doing it sooner.

I have been using InspectVue since 2002. While I like the overall look of their reports, InspectVue has been a constant source of problems and irritation.

Almost every time I do a software update, problems occur. (missing narratives, printer not working, etc.) I finally reached a point where I would no longer do updates.

My number one complaint is selected narratives will not always show up in the report or summary. Just last week, I had highlighted a moisture stain on a garage ceiling. The narrative and pictures did not show up in the report. I went back and double checked to see if I forgot to check the narrative, everything was correct. There was nothing I could do to make this narrative go into the report. I ended up typing a different narrative to get the information into the report.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would put InspectVue at a 1. The bottom line is I don't trust the software to do its intended job. (too many missing narratives)

Jeff Euriech
    Peoria Arizona

Home Inspector Pro hands down. Priced right and amazing support. Great user community that helps and shares templates freely. After getting gouged and generally shat upon by 3-D tech support, it was a nobrainer to switch.

This is the only software that I've seen that is "platform independent" in that it will run on PC, Mack & Linux and now Android too! The latest version for Android runs on phones and tablets and offers a "cloud connected" automatic upload of report and pics taken with the device. Inspect the job on your tablet or smartphone and when you get back to the office, it's sitting there waiting for you to complete on your desktop.

Last edited by Dana Bostick; 04-30-2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Additional info
    True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

HomeGauge

On a scale of 1 - 10 @ 9.

Extremely customizable. Integrates with the ISN office system. Client’s report retrievable online. As mentioned now available as a smart app.

Palm-Tech since 2002. This Bull-headed German don't like change either....

Smile Re: Report Software Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hintz View Post
    Palm-Tech since 2002. This Bull-headed German don't like change either....
    I know a few of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Nelson View Post
    I know a few of those.
    LOL

Thanks for all of the replies, feel free to keep them coming. Just so everyone knows I was not looking for advise on what software to use. I am doing some reseach and looking at the idea of actually developing a home inspection software program.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Tarter View Post
    Thanks for all of the replies, feel free to keep them coming. Just so everyone knows I was not looking for advise on what software to use. I am doing some reseach and looking at the idea of actually developing a home inspection software program.
    Just remember, there's about 25,000 inspectors in the world (99% are US & Canada), 20 software programs out there, a good portion still using Word, and it's extremely hard to get guys to change programs. The reason I'm telling you this is that every year we see 2 or 3 new software vendors that come out, often with multiple owners, thinking that they can make a ton of money selling software. None of them make it more than a year or two as there's not enough sales to support them. You might want to target real estate agents (there's 3.5 million of them) or an app that tens of millions of people can use on the marketplace.

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Maricic View Post
    Just remember, there's about 25,000 inspectors in the world (99% are US & Canada), 20 software programs out there, a good portion still using Word, and it's extremely hard to get guys to change programs. The reason I'm telling you this is that every year we see 2 or 3 new software vendors that come out, often with multiple owners, thinking that they can make a ton of money selling software. None of them make it more than a year or two as there's not enough sales to support them. You might want to target real estate agents (there's 3.5 million of them) or an app that tens of millions of people can use on the marketplace.
    Yea I know it's a nitche market and a small one at that. In my opinion there's only about 5 programs on the market that would be competition. The rest are junk. The reason it's difficult to get people to change programs is that there is not many worth changing to. I have been inspecting since 2006 and still can't find a software program that really meets my needs and expectations. I have tried allot of the demos for top rated programs and many for the smaller companies as well.

I am not a software developer just a home inspector. I have friends and people I know that can develop a program for me. Right now it's just an idea I am thinking about. I am leaning toward a web based program that would be very powerfull and user friendly, but did not have the high fees that other web based programs have. My goal would be to develop a program that would be so user friendly that it would need very little technical support. I would not have any plans to make this my only source of income.

... it's extremely hard to get guys to change programs.
    Probably because it takes so much work (and time) customizing, learning and getting all the narrative comments right.

I'm always amazed at the guys who think all they need to do is shell out a few hundred dollars and and they're done.

Joe Klampfer RHI
    www.myinspection.ca
    Pacific Home Inspections

I think inertia is the big issue. Once you have spent countless hours learning and customizing your chosen software, it's very hard to consider starting all over again.
    Unless there is a compelling reason, most will not switch.

I've been using HIP for over a year now and I'm STILL tweaking it and writing new templates and comments.

877-466-8504

Anyone looking to use HIP feel free to contact me as I have been using it a long time and watched it grow as it improved.
    (summary)
    Made for fast onsite reporting followed by giant leap in photo speed/placement and now in the Android market.

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

Dominic is the man...

Yep....wish him a Happy Birthday.

Have been using AHIT's but will be switching to Dom's HIP as soon as I can find the time to learn how to use it. HIT is designed for the Mac where AHIT's is not thus the reason I will be switching over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wisnewski View Post
    Have been using AHIT's but will be switching to Dom's HIP as soon as I can find the time to learn how to use it. HIT is designed for the Mac where AHIT's is not thus the reason I will be switching over.
    That's great Bob! If you have any questions, just let me know.

Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I now use Home Inspector Pro (HIP) after being with 3D for around 15 years (used it when it was in DOS) I made the switch a couple of months ago and I wish I had done it sooner. HIP is so easy to make it the way you want it. Also a great community of users that share templates just to help others. It is priced well and the customer service is the best I have seen in the home inspector software marketplace. I gave them all a test drive and settled on HIP.
    Hey Scott,

One thing that has prevented me from moving from 3D to HIP is changing the way the report looks. I spent a lot of time giving it a visual quality that I like and the people that use my reports have become used to reading. Does your new report match the look of the old? If so, was there a lot of work in moving your (probably thousands) of comments from 3D over to HIP?

Thanks

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Look of the final product is what sets HIP apart.
    No comparison.

Stop trying to make it look like the ugly step sister.

Personally I like HIP with the mobile version. i just recently changed my template so i wasnt double inputting in the comments and photos and has really cut my time down.So in the report itself im describing materials,locations,etc... and in the photos the defects and comments.I tried HG and liked that as well but Dom has impressed me with his customer service

Kevin Moore
    Ameri-Inspect/RadonPro Inc
    www.Buffalo-home-inspector.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Hey Scott,

One thing that has prevented me from moving from 3D to HIP is changing the way the report looks. I spent a lot of time giving it a visual quality that I like and the people that use my reports have become used to reading. Does your new report match the look of the old? If so, was there a lot of work in moving your (probably thousands) of comments from 3D over to HIP?

Thanks
    Gunnar, Scott had a list of features I had to implement before he switched as there were certain design features that he wanted. Hopefully he'll comment at some point.

Gunnar, Scott had a list of features I had to implement before he switched as there were certain design features that he wanted. Hopefully he'll comment at some point.
    Dom,

Interesting. I sent him a personal message just in case he tired of this thread and received an answer earlier today. Thanks. I am looking to upgrade again, particularly interested in using an android tablet, so will probably look into HIP again. But, that will have to wait until this winter when I have the time.

Thanks for the info.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Hello!

Yes, Dom created several features on HIP just for me! Just kidding, he did it to help those who wanted to move from 3D to make the move a little easier to HIP.

As with anything HIP has a learning curve, but if I can do it then I do not think we have a person on this board that could not make the change with ease. The largest obstacle is to realize that this is Home Inspector Pro and not 3D. The end result can be very similar if you want or you can make it look as custom as you want. For me I tried to make my report to look the same as it has been for the past 15 or so years, but with an updated modern design.

I have about 60 inspections under my belt using HIP (I had about 5,000 with 3D), I switched back in March and I'm still getting everything the way I want it. I plan on doing some additional modifications when I have time. I have found that I'm not working/reporting as efficient as I could be. I have learned a great deal from the HIP website and the other users.

There will never be a good time to switch over to HIP, you just have to do it! I worked on the way I wanted my report to look and read for good while before I pulled the trigger and switched programs. You can even get the sample program and work on the way you want your report to look before you buy it. Once you buy HIP everything will work the same as it did with the sample. It is soooo easy to use and install.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Harbeck View Post
    HomeGauge

On a scale of 1 - 10 @ 9.

Extremely customizable. Integrates with the ISN office system. Client’s report retrievable online. As mentioned now available as a smart app.

How does HomeGauge integrate with ISN? I may be mistaken, but I thought they did not work in conjunction with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Hey Scott,

Thanks
    Gunnar, I think Dom developed a conversion utility to transfer the 3D macros into HIP.
    I know I sent him some files to work with while he was doing it. Never got the chance to use it myself.

877-466-8504

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Bostick View Post
    Gunnar, I think Dom developed a conversion utility to transfer the 3D macros into HIP.
    I know I sent him some files to work with while he was doing it. Never got the chance to use it myself.
    Dana, yes we now have converters for InspectVue, 3D and HomeGauge.

Nathan, I'm pretty sure you're right there!

Paul B Guest

Dana, yes we now have converters for InspectVue, 3D and HomeGauge.
    How about a Summit Systems converter?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    How about a Summit Systems converter?
    I've never heard of that program! Do they have a website?

Paul B Guest

I've never heard of that program! Do they have a website?
    Home inspector software and information

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Looks like it's MS Word based so there's not going to be an easy way to import the template. It's not really cost effective for us to do though unless they have lots of users as it takes a long time and money to create a converter.

Looks like there is a lot of interest and support for HIP.

Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Dom's product is quite good ... but don't overlook consideration of Whisper Reporter from Whisper Solutions.

It is a highly customizable application and not just for a Texas required template.

Whisper Reporter

Bob Jack Guest

I have been using home gauge for six years. It is easy to use and east to customize. Their support is excellent and they are constantly improving the software.
    Rating 9.5
    I would recommend

Rich Maday Guest

I've used HG since 2006 and I've written somewhere around 2600 reports on it. Reliable software, customizable, good customer service......our problem with it is the integrated scheduler. It is super clunky and takes forever for us to work with. We have 6 field personnel and trying to swap inspections is a Herculean task. They've promised to fix it for the last 2 or 3 years but I'm giving up hope that it will ever happen. I'd hate to leave since we have so many reports on their server and we're all so familiar with the program. Also, we've got it to a point where it is pretty streamlined and has no fluff or filler. I can't imagine going through the process of learning something new at this point.. Overall I'd give HG a good solid 8 on a scale of 10. If they ever fix that $%^&*())(scheduler they'll be a 9+.

Dan Cullen
    www.domicileconsulting.com
    Chicago IL

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cullen View Post
    I've used HG since 2006 and I've written somewhere around 2600 reports on it. Reliable software, customizable, good customer service......our problem with it is the integrated scheduler. It is super clunky and takes forever for us to work with. We have 6 field personnel and trying to swap inspections is a Herculean task. They've promised to fix it for the last 2 or 3 years but I'm giving up hope that it will ever happen. I'd hate to leave since we have so many reports on their server and we're all so familiar with the program. Also, we've got it to a point where it is pretty streamlined and has no fluff or filler. I can't imagine going through the process of learning something new at this point.. Overall I'd give HG a good solid 8 on a scale of 10. If they ever fix that $%^&*())(scheduler they'll be a 9+.
    Dan, check out ISN at inspectionsupport.net. They'll have everything you want as far as scheduling and office management goes (and much more).

Dan, check out ISN at inspectionsupport.net. They'll have everything you want as far as scheduling and office management goes (and much more).
    The problem with ISN is they charge $4/inspection for the 1st 50 inspections per month. I'm averaging 30 inspections per month, that's $120. HG charges $20/per month no matter how many inspections I book.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

I understand that is costs more but you are getting a TON more as well. They have 3 full time programmers that only work on ISN. HIP has a $20/mo service as well similar to HomeGauge but I still tell guys once they get really busy to try out ISN. It's kind of like comparing a paper airplane to a jet. One costs more, but there's a reason.

One of biggest thing (aside from all the cool features) is time savings. What is your time worth? For example if you do everything yourself right now you enter in client/house data when: you take the call, into your scheduler, into your software, into recallchek, into your contact management program, and soon you'll be entering it into HON (HomeOwnersNetwork). When you have systems that integrate together you could do so much as have something like Americas Call Center answer your phone and have it propagate to all the systems you use. If you don't use all those systems it might not save you the time. But for the many that do entering in the same data 5 or 6 times in different places saves you 20 minutes per inspection. Now lets add the fact that it automatically sends out your contracts to be signed and automatically texts the clients and agents before the inspection and does follow up emails for up to 3 years. Now you're at least saving 30 minutes per inspection.

Multiply that out times 360 inspections a year and you're saving 180 hours (7.5 days) of your time, per year.

For me, 30 minutes of my time is worth $4.

Last edited by Dominic Maricic; 10-27-2012 at 09:17 PM.

I've been using HIPro for about 5 years or so. I've created a few different templates to fit my particular needs (Home Inspection, EIFS inspection, Building Envelope Inspection, Infrared Inspection)

I wouldn't consider changing. The support is the greatest also.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

I

Multiply that out times 360 inspections a year and you're saving 180 hours (7.5 days) of your time, per year.

Dom..
    Your time is only worth $8.00 an hour?
    I think your a little underpriced, you need to start charging what your services are worth

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    Dom..
    Your time is only worth $8.00 an hour?
    I think your a little underpriced, you need to start charging what your services are worth
    LOL, I told you I was cheap Dan!! Okay, okay. I meant that SAVING 30 minutes of my time is worth $4.

Are you coming to IW this year? I haven't seen you in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    I've been using HIPro for about 5 years or so. I've created a few different templates to fit my particular needs (Home Inspection, EIFS inspection, Building Envelope Inspection, Infrared Inspection)

I wouldn't consider changing. The support is the greatest also.
    Thanks Steven And thanks for helping others out with their EIFS template questions, you rock

LOL, I told you I was cheap Dan!! Okay, okay. I meant that SAVING 30 minutes of my time is worth $4.

Are you coming to IW this year? I haven't seen you in awhile.
    Free Room[ Harrahs likes me] and flight booked, I'll be there

www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    Free Room[ Harrahs likes me] and flight booked, I'll be there
    Awesome, I'll see you there!

I understand that is costs more but you are getting a TON more as well. They have 3 full time programmers that only work on ISN. HIP has a $20/mo service as well similar to HomeGauge but I still tell guys once they get really busy to try out ISN. It's kind of like comparing a paper airplane to a jet. One costs more, but there's a reason.

One of biggest thing (aside from all the cool features) is time savings. What is your time worth? For example if you do everything yourself right now you enter in client/house data when: you take the call, into your scheduler, into your software, into recallchek, into your contact management program, and soon you'll be entering it into HON (HomeOwnersNetwork). When you have systems that integrate together you could do so much as have something like Americas Call Center answer your phone and have it propagate to all the systems you use. If you don't use all those systems it might not save you the time. But for the many that do entering in the same data 5 or 6 times in different places saves you 20 minutes per inspection. Now lets add the fact that it automatically sends out your contracts to be signed and automatically texts the clients and agents before the inspection and does follow up emails for up to 3 years. Now you're at least saving 30 minutes per inspection.

HG integrates with every service I offer, sends out contracts, emails the clients and agents, sends out follow up emails, etc. The issues are, as Dan stated, the difficulty in changing inspection information. Once it's set up, it's impossible to alter the services or clients information after the inspection time has arrived. For example, I get to the inspection and the client decides to add a radon test at the inspection, it can't be done on HG scheduler. It can be done on my laptop, but not online on HG services. Or say the client's email is incorrect. HG locks inspectors out from altering clients information on the online scheduler, so once the inspection time arrives, your SOL.

Now, is this costing me 30 minutes per inspection, no. Maybe 30 minutes once a month. That's a max of 6 hours a year. I'll take the 6 hours over an additional $1200 any day.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    HG integrates with every service I offer, sends out contracts, emails the clients and agents, sends out follow up emails, etc. The issues are, as Dan stated, the difficulty in changing inspection information. Once it's set up, it's impossible to alter the services or clients information after the inspection time has arrived. For example, I get to the inspection and the client decides to add a radon test at the inspection, it can't be done on HG scheduler. It can be done on my laptop, but not online on HG services. Or say the client's email is incorrect. HG locks inspectors out from altering clients information on the online scheduler, so once the inspection time arrives, your SOL.

Now, is this costing me 30 minutes per inspection, no. Maybe 30 minutes once a month. That's a max of 6 hours a year. I'll take the 6 hours over an additional $1200 any day.
    HG doesn't integrate with Americas Call Center, ISN, RecallChek, ADT and other programs which many guys (even HG guys) do use. If you're not using them, then you're not going to be saving as much time as others. Their services also only have a tiny fraction of what ISN has. If you're happy with what you're using and not losing much time, then just keep bugging HG until they get those issues fixed!

I've been using Whisper Reporter for several years now and I have no complaints. Eric and Larry at Whisper Solutions have always been 1st class and very helpful. I strongly recommend them. Whisper is a good product. It is simple and does everything you would normally need. The price is VERY reasonable too!!

I have to say, like Scott, I have about had it with 3D.
    I have used their software for 15 years, about 4500 inspections. I am apparently on the "black list" because I have had to re-activate so many times. Now I have to call and plead with them to allow me to activate on a new device. Apparently, I activated too many times one year and now they think I am black marketing their software.

The reason I had to activate so many times was because of problems with their software!! (not to mention OS changes).
    Yeah, right, we home inspectors are black marketing their software, give me a break!

They told me if I didn't reactivate for a couple of years, "maybe" I would be off the list.

I am constantly trying out laptops, tablets, etc. trying to find faster ways to do reports, they don't like that and don't believe it.

I probably add at least 1 change to my comments every report. Alot of changes over 15 years. If I was assured I could import all of my changes to HIP, I would probably switch software.
    Oh, did I mention that all this grief costs me $200 a year to keep my software updated??

If anybody from 3D wants to PM me about these issues, I welcome it as they are apparently a sponsor.
    I will probably bite the bullet and go wit HIP even though I have thousands of hours invested in 3D.

I am so pissed I am going to post this in a new thread so don't flame me for it.

END GLOBAL WHINING