Square
    https://help.squareup.com/
    'nuf said

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Eric Russell Guest

Default Re: Credit cards

Have ya looked at Square Up? You can swipe cards with your smartphone and there's no monthly fee. There is a per transaction charge.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Cash and Personal Checks. No handling fees.

Haven't had a problem in going on ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Kienitz View Post
    Cash and Personal Checks. No handling fees.

Haven't had a problem in going on ten years.
    Yeah but your old...
    Err I mean experienced.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Garry Blankenship Guest

It depends on how you use them. If you ever carry a balance, ( which you should not because their money is expensive ), the interest rates matter. If you use credit cards correctly, ( by paying off the balance each month ), the interest rates do not matter. A 50% interest rate is no concern, if you never pay it !That established; the points / credits / bonuses / air miles are all that matter. Some have annual fees, but those are usually nominal and must be weighed against how much free stuff they give you. Bottom line; if they cost you anything, ( net cost ), don't use them. Using credit cards correctly you can fly yourself and your wife to Hawaii every year for free.

Thanks Rick. No recommendations. I know Costco pushes something like Avalon or Elavon.

Last edited by Garry Blankenship; 04-26-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Wrong end of credit

Garry
    I think you misread
    The question is about ACCEPTING CCs from customers, not using CCs for purchases.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Eric Russell Guest

Thank you Dave Ramsey...good golly...read the question!

Look at Square! I'm just giddy with joy at how much it has saved me over the conventional CC processors. I thought that Costco was a good deal until I discovered Square about 2 years ago.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Square is a little cheaper, but they don't support Windows phones, so I went with Intuit.

Intuit's GoPayment for me. I think Paypal has something similar. SquareUp is similar.

I've had several. Kicked them all to the curb due to high fees, monthly fees, early termination fees, and long term contracts. Freaking bandits! Had one try to charge me $400 early termination fee with only one month to go. Their monthly fee was $30 as well. I let them time out, one more $30 fee was better than $400!

Using Square now. No problems and the money hits the bank in a day or so.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Yeah but your old...
    Err I mean experienced.

I know ... and I'm getting more "experienced" each day!!

Patrick Burger Guest

Hello Jeffrey,

I have used PayPal now for the past 18 months, and it works quite well. No monthly fees, just a transaction charge of about 2.7%. You don't need to swipe anything. They don't have to be a PayPal member, only have a credit card. It is easy to automatically transfer money from your PayPal account to any of your bank accounts. Just put a page on your website, with a Pay Online page, and you can create a ADD TO CART button, with a drop down menu for your SFR inspections - based on square footage/age/etc.

When I send my client and their agent an email confirmation, I ask them to please sign my contract - I use the CREIA (California Real Estate Inspection Association) Standard Residential Inspection Agreement (contract) and I include the Standards Of Practice as well - prior to their inspection. It is on my website on the Sign Contract page. I also inform them they must pay the inspection fee before or at the time of inspection. I include links in my email confirmation for both pages (Sign Contract & Pay Online). About 10% to 15% of my clients pay before the inspection!

I used to bring my iPad to the inspection, so they could go online and pay at the inspection, but I find it easier to leave the iPad at the office and just tell the client - just go to my website and Pay Online, and then your report will be emailed to you directly, but of course, only after I receive payment. It has always worked, with no problems - and NO PAPERWORK!

Regards,
    Patrick Burger
    www.architectinspect.com