Lynette Zarek Guest

Default Date of Manufacture, Burnham Boiler

I am looking for the age of a Burnham Model V906, serial #75-99125. I called Burnham America and was told that all of the records for Burnham's with a 75 or 77 as the first numbers in the serial number were wiped out and therefore they could not tell me when this boiler was manufactured!

Can anybody help me?

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Date of Manufacture, Burnham Boiler

Quick Google search revealed, the following from, ahem, another HI forum:

From Glenn Stanton, field rep for Burnham:

"The serial numbers of our boilers are basically sequential, meaning that the last four digits really have nothing to do with the month or year of manufacture. The serial number should be on the silver label on the side or front of the boiler. The serial number should be 8 numbers. Some of the older numbers only had 7 digits and those are not trackable because it was before we began tracking numbers via computer. [For manufacture dates] speak with Customer Service "

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

If there's an ANSI date on the label you could get probably get pretty close by adding 2-3 years to it. In other words, if it says ANSI 1983, you could figure 1985-86.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

1. Its a Commercial Boiler.

2. You're providing insufficient information.

3. You're asking the wrong questions to the wrong entity. It is irrelevant as to when the boiler componants were manufactured. What is relevant is when was it delivered to an authorized representative, and when was it installed as configured by an authorized installer and put into service (and where) for the first time. (And was it done legally, lawfully, and according to manufacturer's instructions).

You haven't even identified oil or gas fired for example.

4. Your first best investigation is with the installation firm - and to identify same - check the permit and inspection history with the local office of jurisdiction.

5. What is the purpose of your question.