JD Johnson Guest

Default Louvered door on a bathroom off kitchen?

OK - so, I ran into an issue today, and was wondering if - other then common sense and Rules of Human Decency - there is any code (in Florida) prohibiting a louvered door on a bathroom (directly off a kitchen).

I wrote it up, but the Seller, will most likely say that it was that way when he bought the house and not change the application; so I wanted to see if there was any citation that I could reference to entice him to change the application.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Best regards - JD

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Louvered door on a bathroom off kitchen?

There is no rule against any type of door in this instance.in reality no,door is necessary.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

I may mention it to my client and I wouldn't want it in my own bathroom but it would not go in my report.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

You might mention it as a side note in that some people might not have taken much notice of it being louvered. Depending on age of house and door it can be an inexpensive alteration. Different strokes for different folks. But not a code issue that I have ever heard of.

Growing up I used to see louvered doors on bathroom areas fairly regularly. It seemed the louvered door, carpet in the bathroom and a small chaise lounge all went together.
    I'd mention it as a potential post purchase cost item since some people may not want to leave it.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Unless there was something wrong with the door, I probably wouldn't mention it.
    It would have been obvious to the buyer as they walked around the house, and easy enough to correct.