Thread: Cyclemizer

Default Cyclemizer

Anybody seen these before? I think it's some type of magic energy saving device that went the way of magnets around my fuel line.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Default Re: Cyclemizer

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    Anybody seen these before? I think it's some type of magic energy saving device that went the way of magnets around my fuel line.
    Guess we'll have to ask Billy Mays.
    * looks like his type of product.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Garry Blankenship Guest

Well; it's a low voltage control device, ( I hope w/ those exposed wires ). Where those wires go and what it controls, ( cycle-mizes ), is necessary for you to come up w/ a good answer. Working w/ what you have, it must be some small mfgs. dream of how to save energy by cycling the power on and off incrementally rather than leave it on constantly. Probably saves nothing, but also probably sounds good when listening to the sales spew.

First thing I've ever googled that came up with nothing!

Yeah, me too. I tried all kinds of combinations, and nothing came up.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

The arizona corporation was formed in Arizona as "Enertrol Corporation" 10/3/1979 Arizona Corporate File Number -0125853-7
    changed Name to "Ross Engineering Inc. in 1986.
    Involuntary Dissolution/revoked with AZ SOS in 1994 regarding bounced check in 1993 for 1992 Annual Report Filing.

No patents I could find but did locate a long-deceased/expired trademark for the "Demand Manager". (EDIT: I see R.W. has found as well but using data mining source and not the Trademark office site).

Is this in your home?

Suspect it is a run time- or variable set-point- cycle-controller. (i.e. avoiding short cycling of equipment). May or may not be temperature or hygro compensated internal logic or externally interfaced (btwn thermostat, or moisture or humidity sensing device and run-equipment)

Likely interfaced with HVAC or environmental comfort equipment between thermostat and equipment (hp, ac, furnace, boiler, hot water, swamp cooler, elec resistance coil), or with water conditioning system, or with swamp cooler, or with irrigation equipment.

I would suspect therefore 1979 - 1982 vintage. Possibly containing a rudimentary IC and pot.

You'd have to trace the wiring, and look inside, to devine its true purpose and function (or ask the HO).

You might also search the Library of Congress.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 05-03-2012 at 10:10 AM.

During the late 70's and early 80's there was lot's of hype about damage to equipment caused by short cyling. So, I suspect H.G is right. Maybe should trace where exactly the wires go to see what it is supposed to be managing/protecting. The circuitry inside I would suspect is rudimentary as was said earlier: chip (maybe NE555), pot, and a few supporting components.

Thx,
    Michael.

It needed a 5 volt or thereabouts power supply, and the power supply transformer would probably have been drawing current 24/7, further mitigating any benefit derived from the gizmo. I would advise ripping it all out.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Given the age of the device I would say it controlled a Disco Ball on the ceiling.