Default Fun with WH vents!

Enjoy...

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Garry Blankenship Guest

Default Re: Fun with WH vents!

I need more depth in venting, but this is too tough. Looks like an entry in a sheet metal sculpting competition. The first photo / tank looks like no water piping ? It also looks like the first tank vent grew an evil twin that's about to attack the tank from the side - - - was something else there once ? The second photo vent helical is where the talent shows.

The evil twin is so they can install a new heater without removing the old one...

This is a vacant triplex.
    One of four water heaters was stolen.
    One of three furnaces was stolen.
    One of three AC condensers was stolen.
    Most of the copper piping was stolen.
    Like I said: Fun!

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Thumbs down biggest threat to health and safety

The CAT. I draft hood equipped gas water heater is the single most hazardous thing in a typical home today. I know of nothing that comes close to the frequency of downright dangerous installations, venting failure and backdrafting, fire hazards and indoor air quality insult by these devices. They should be banned. The sad thing is, there are alot more bad installations by so called 'pros' than DIY'ers. I'd venture to say I find one in a hundred properly installed and functioning acceptably.

Keep the fire in the fireplace.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Congrats John. When you find stuff like this, you're officially living the high life. Because after seeing stuff like that, you'll need a few High Lifes.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey